Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeGale's opponant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will probably be Brophy or someone like that, or even Jamie Cox.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Will probably be Brophy or someone like that, or even Jamie Cox.
      Fielding and Cox will face each other next, it was all but confirmed after Fielding vs Ryder

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Degales fighting July 1st
        Thanks.

That date lines up about perfect for the WBSS then. Assuming its a keep busy fight & he doesn't get cut or anything else random that can go down anyway.

Have a keep busy fight on July 1 & then 8-12 weeks later his first round WBSS fight & if he's in he should have the pick of the litter opponent-wise cuz without Badou Jack at 168 he's the clear #1 guy.

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        I don't think he's made $2m in one fight yet (probably only made $1m once or twice), but Smith, Groves and Eubank are all big fights for him over here so he may prefer that route to the WBSS tourney. Although Groves, being a Sauerland fighter, could enter the tournament regardless and then that could have a domino effect on the other Brits in the division
        Yea if those UK guys jump in the tournament thats a good sign its gonna be a lot of fun. I don't think Eubank joins (would love to be wrong), but the rest of them seem like strong possibilities to be in it.

My working theory is that Sauerland & Al Haymon guys will have many participates since Sauerland is directly involved obviously + Haymon has the Schaefer relationship + has the biggest roster of unaffiliated fighters so there is not going to be any promoter or network hemming up a guy under contract from entering.

Comment

If it is Smith/Degale it could explain why the McGuigans turned down the 70k for Taylor/Davies because they knew it was a PPV

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            Fielding and Cox will face each other next, it was all but confirmed after Fielding vs Ryder
            Ah nice one.

That's an interesting fight as it goes.

So is Ryder/Cox. I didn't score that Fielding fight but I remember thinking that Ryder was the better fighter in a lot of ways.

Hearn needs to pack undercards with these sorts of fights. He has enough fighters, ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Check the IBF rankings, last month Smith unranked, this month hes in at 10, despite not boxing since December
              Interesting, I was unaware of that, good detective work. Maybe there is something to it, I just don't get why Hearn would pass up the opportunity for a unification between the 2 if Smith got the WBC first

Comment

Working...
              X