Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar De La Hoya is Officially Charged in DUI Case

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SELFISH ASS OSCARINA SPEEDING AT 2 AM DRUNKER THAN A CRACK WHORE.... SHAMEFUL ..... RIP GOLDEN GIRL ****TIONS

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      In VA, you get 2 DUI's within a 10 year period.......FELONY. If you get pulled and blow higher than a 0.10, you get like 5 days in jail immediately, don't pass go, no bail. If you get pulled and blow above a 0.15, you get like 10 days in jail right then as well. If you get pulled and refuse to submit to a breathalizer test, you automatically lose your license for a year and you could serve jail time. I got one a long time ago and it cost me $6,000 before everything was all said and done. No jail time though, luckily.
      That's brutal in cali they just throw you in jail for 12 hours to sober up and make you pay a fine or take community service, also you have to pay for alcohol classes and get a sr22 insurance with a interlock to get your Ls back.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
        "Field sobriety test"? Do you guys not have breathalyser technology yet? Why not just guess if he's been drinking and take it from there, wow.
        I think it's like part of their protocol. They are supposed to start with the sobriety test and that gives them cause to administer the breathalyser. A cop told me that they are required to always give you a breathalyser test regardless but the formal procedure is to start with the field test. If someone is wasted, they'll likely just go straight to the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          That's brutal in cali they just throw you in jail for 12 hours to sober up and make you pay a fine or take community service, also you have to pay for alcohol classes and get a sr22 insurance with a interlock to get your Ls back.
          Yeah, they do the interlock thing now too, it wasn't common back when I earned my charge. Had to do 20 weeks of ASAP (AA type class) to get a restricted license for work and the class fee was like $30 or $40 per time.

Comment

I hope Oscar gets it all together..i understand the struggle

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              Too many lives have been lost to drunk drivers and I have no sympathy for them. I personally think the charges AT TIMES are too soft for drivers who have actually killed someone.

Anyway, I showed sympathy when he got screwed over by Haymon and Dick but not in this case. **** him.
              Yeah man I seen drunk drivers get off with 1 day served, theirs like levels to it, extreme dui, regualr dui, etc etc. but alot of them get off too easy its usually only a day to a few weeks in jail with the more extreme cases being half a year sentences.

I got no sympathy for drunk drivers, they put other peoples lives at risk.

Comment

Oscar a bum

Comment

meh.

most celebs have at least 5 of these.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    Yeah you don't go to prison for dui unless it's like your third time, and you don't have to do community service if you chose to just pay like a 2k fine.
                    nah, you still have to do community service. at least in so cal. i got hit with a dui in 2011 and tried everything possible to avoid taking classes and going to community service.

first offense. did the class thing for 3 months, twice a week, have to do 3 classes of AA and 14 days community service, this is for your first offense. the community service was a bitch since i could only go on saturday because of my job.

it took me 2 years to actually finished doing 14 days of community service. obviously, i couldnt go every saturday since i have shit to do. they give you 6 months to finish it and since i didnt i have to go see the judge after every 6 months and give him a bs story as to why i need more time.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      nah, you still have to do community service. at least in so cal. i got hit with a dui in 2011 and tried everything possible to avoid taking classes and going to community service.

first offense. did the class thing for 3 months, twice a week, have to do 3 classes of AA and 14 days community service, this is for your first offense. the community service was a bitch since i could only go on saturday because of my job.

it took me 2 years to actually finished doing 14 days of community service. obviously, i couldnt go every saturday since i have shit to do. they give you 6 months to finish it and since i didnt i have to go see the judge after every 6 months and give him a bs story as to why i need more time.
                      Yeah they offered me around a $2000 fine or couple weeks in prison if you don't want to do the community service, I took the community service they gave me 11 days cause of the 12 hours in the can, but I havnt even started it I got a few months left tho lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X