No announcement yet.

Rewatched Pacquiao vs. Marquez 3....Manny has no shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
    I just want a definitive and exciting fight, for a change, nothing less than a KO. lol
    there will be blood............

Comment

I feel like this is a ploy so your lot can come back later to pat Manny on the back if he did beat Marquez. "He was the underdog" e.t.c.

War Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
        are you telling me its impossible for arum to give marquez 5-10 mil, and tell him get kod? arrent you a pac -boy fan?
        I ain't no fan boy, and Marquez will not take a fuking dive. If he was he would have took one in the third fight, don't disrespect a proud guy like Marquez, Marquez is no corrupt scum bag, he might be on the juice cause he believes Pacman is, but he wouldn't take a dive, he even called out Sulaiman and the WBC many times for their bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          I feel like this is a ploy so your lot can come back later to pat Manny on the back if he did beat Marquez. "He was the underdog" e.t.c.

War Marquez
          What ploy? only a blind man couldn't tell Pacman looked like **** in that fight. Pac has slowed down, even Floyd Mayweather said he is declining. This fight is going to be boring, but if anyone is going to dominate its Marquez he has been dropping sparring partners with head gear and 14 oz gloves on, imagine him hitting pac with 8 oz gloves and no head gear?

Comment

Manny will be clearly underestimating Marquez for the 4th time.

Comment

i agree but ppl are forgetting he beat a young prime bradleys ass AFTER marquez 3
              so i gibe him a shot
              50 50 fight no surprise if marquez wins

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                i agree but ppl are forgetting he beat a young prime bradleys ass AFTER marquez 3
                so i gibe him a shot
                50 50 fight no surprise if marquez wins
                yeah he did do well against Bradley, only problem was he lacked the killer instinct but he was much faster in that fight and Bradley is faster than Marquez and a lot slicker. Marquez though is a counter puncher who relies mainly on his combos to keep guys from coming in, Bradley is a slick style boxer who can fight you dirty in close or can move and jab, he rarely throws combos.

Marquez is the worst match up for Pacman he has proven that Pacman can't even figure him out.

Comment

I thought Marquez won the I, II, & III

I was very confident that Marquez would win the first fight easily but at the end i still though Marquez won but had a much healthier respect for pac

going into the II & III fights i was not confident at all in a Marquez victory especially in the third

After the III fight i am pretty confident that Marquez will win IV fight

people say pac is on a decline but the decline i think there is in his mental confidence. He was flying high on his run until he ran into mosley. mosley gave him angles but had nothing left in the bank to captilize on those opportunities

Then there was III Marquez fight in which the majority of the press and most professional fighters had pac losing.

the bradley fight i had pac winning but it wasnt the landside victory that people make it out to be bottom line is pac in his last three fights has not had a victory that he can be proud of.

which can weigh on fighter mentally; especially an action fighter like pac

if you put pac in with Miadana or Rios come forward fighters talks of pac declining would end. People would say pac is back to his old self blah blah blah

Comment

Marquez won that fight. Crap decision.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

JMM didn't do much either but he wasn't as badly deteriorated as Pac was. JMM has the boxing ability to fall back on, something Pac doesn't have. The only way I see Pac having any shot is if he just pushes hard and goes to the body but we know Pac is not a pressure fighter he is more of a spurt fighter someone who fights in explosive spurts, he has no shot in this fight.
                      Physique deteriorates faster than skill. An iron law.

I've watched the third fight several times and every time Marquez' dominance gets clearer and clearer. The technical gap between JMM and Manny is so large that Manny can only beat him in that whirlwind, ball of energy mode where Marquez gets forced into exchanges.

If JMM has bulked up properly, and if he can take Manny's shots a bit better, then I find it very hard to see how Manny gets a win. He just didn't have any answers during those middle rounds in last year's fight. And what's more worrying for him is that a less talented boxer (but a better athlete) in Bradley presented Manny with a similar set of problems and again he struggled to find the answers.

He just doesn't have the ability to close the distance with lunging and over-extending himself. I wouldn't bash Freddie too much for these limitations. Manny was 22 by the time Freddie got him, a bit late to give a guy a well rounded world class repertoire of skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X