Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire vs Montiel Prediction - Quote Me On This.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaire vs Montiel Prediction - Quote Me On This.

I am not going to be over analytical about this. But in order for Nonito to win, he needs to box Fernando from the outside. Problem is, Nonito is boxer who relies on counter punching. He is also exploring the options to go southpaw, since southpaws are known to give Fernando some trouble. He can not do either.

If Nonito looks to counter, he will get K.O. Fernando style, and stance are set up to neutralize counter punchers.

If Nonito goes southpaw, he gives up his height advantage by lowering his body stance. This will hurt more then help. He could end up being K.O.

That is why his only option is to box from the outside, and outwork Fernando to win a UD. But if this match goes for the stretch, I can see Nonito tiring. Add on the fact that despite his speed, and size advantage he has always been an easy target to hit. The later rounds may favor Fernando, who enforces a constant pace. The danger of a K.O. is still present in the later rounds.

I see many short selling Fernando in this match. But make no mistake about it. Fernando will win via K.O.

To be honest

That was a terrible analytical assessment.

Only advantage Montiel will have is coming into the ring last and having his name announced last. Other then that, he has nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      To be honest

That was a terrible analytical assessment.

Only advantage Montiel will have is coming into the ring last and having his name announced last. Other then that, he has nothing
      But of course!

Comment

who are you again?

Comment

Originally posted by Ido View Post
          I am not going to be over analytical about this. But in order for Nonito to win, he needs to box Fernando from the outside. Problem is, Nonito is boxer who relies on counter punching. He is also exploring the options to go southpaw, since southpaws are known to give Fernando some trouble. He can not do either.

If Nonito looks to counter, he will get K.O. Fernando style, and stance are set up to neutralize counter punchers.

If Nonito goes southpaw, he gives up his height advantage by lowering his body stance. This will hurt more then help. He could end up being K.O.

That is why his only option is to box from the outside, and outwork Fernando to win a UD. But if this match goes for the stretch, I can see Nonito tiring. Add on the fact that despite his speed, and size advantage he has always been an easy target to hit. The later rounds may favor Fernando, who enforces a constant pace. The danger of a K.O. is still present in the later rounds.

I see many short selling Fernando in this match. But make no mistake about it. Fernando will win via K.O.
          I did not even have to read all that... All I had to do is look at your avatar and know you predicting Montiel by KO...

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
            I did not even have to read all that... All I had to do is look at your avatar and know you predicting Montiel by KO...
            Naturally.

Comment

ok break this down...let's see if you are for real

just remember...donaire is not your average counterpuncher.

Comment

But make no mistake about it. Fernando will win via K.O.
                Quoted per request.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                  ok break this down...let's see if you are for real

just remember...donaire is not your average counterpuncher.
                  Break it down. Hmm Ok sure.

Counter punchers relay largely on reading body language, mainly to determine what telegraphed punched can be countered. I understand that Nonito is more gifted than the norm, given that he has good movement, and his ability to shoot his jab. But he is still a counter puncher by heart.

The problem is, Fernando has an awkward style. He lowers his stance, and intentionally drops his arms. Not only does this makes it harder to read body language, but it is used as a bait to lure in its foe into an exchange, or a counter. If you cant tell if he is going to toss a soft or hard punch, or what kind of punch is coming. Than you will be unable to properly counter period, and pay dearly.

That is why Fernando has great performances over counter punchers. You cant read him, he is deceptive.

That is why Nonito needs to relay on boxing from the outside.

Comment

Break it down. Hmm Ok sure.

Counter punchers relay largely on reading body language, mainly to determine what telegraphed punched can be countered. I understand that Nonito is more gifted than the norm, given that he has good movement, and his ability to shoot his jab. But he is still a counter puncher by heart.

The problem is, Fernando has an awkward style. He lowers his stance, and intentionally drops his arms. Not only does this makes it harder to read body language, but it is used as a bait to lure in its foe into an exchange, or a counter. If you cant tell if he is going to toss a soft or hard punch, or what kind of punch is coming. Than you will be unable to properly counter period, and pay dearly.

That is why Fernando has great performances over counter punchers. You cant read him, he is deceptive.

That is why Nonito needs to relay on boxing from the outside.

Montiel is a very live dog but Donaire should be able to use his size and speed to come out victorious. I think if Montiel goes berserker and is overly aggressive he could find himself at the end of an early KO loss. Montiel needs to apply smart pressure and work that body to slow Donaire down and look to win the fight in the later rounds

Comment

Working...
                    X