Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did all these British elite fighters come from?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    Thurman, Crawford and Garcia in my opinion.

Britain have AJ and DeGale currently, There are a number of other British champions and upcoming fighters who have the potential to be elite. Now compare the population of Britain to the population of the US. I think Britain is producing a good level of great/elite fighters
    You do make a solid but flawed point about the population but, the United States has so many other sports that are very popular that many of our athletes gravitate towards , such as basketball ball , football , baseball ,and now soccer.
    DeGale could have been what I considered elite if he beat Jack but they fought to a draw and Aj needs to beat some more champions due to the fact the division is a little weak .

Comment

Only 168 and this division doesnt have special figthers for sometime tbh.
      Heavyweight still to be checked
      Cruiser will be decided in wbss ann no brits there
      Other weights have brit champs but imo they are weakest among same champs (flanagan, selby etc.)
      Ps. Why brits always want to feel superior to someone?

Comment

Joshua and Degale mainly. Yafai and Burnett remain to be seen, sounds like theyre willing to test themselves. Got high hopes for the Joshes aswell Taylor, Kelly and Buatsi. Andrew Selby aswell but question whether he cares enough
        Last edited by Randall Cunning; 10-24-2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Britain is thriving at the minute. I don't remember there being so much boxing coverage through the season on television. We get a plethora of options, from the "Next Gen" stuff, small hall crackers, European level fights, and even the big title fights. I can't complain right now as a viewer.

Comment

Originally posted by WarHagler View Post
            You do make a solid but flawed point about the population but, the United States has so many other sports that are very popular that many of our athletes gravitate towards , such as basketball ball , football , baseball ,and now soccer.
            DeGale could have been what I considered elite if he beat Jack but they fought to a draw and Aj needs to beat some more champions due to the fact the division is a little weak .
            Boxing is the 10th most popular sport in the UK it wouldnt even be 10th if the article below included athletics. So ur argument about talent going to other sports in the US doesnt have much value as the same thing is happening over here.

DeGale was fighting Jack who had a fairly significant weight advantage. There is a reason Jack cant fight at 168 anymore. AJ demolished one of the most dominant champions in this era. I would consider AJ elite talent in the heavyweight division because he is head and shoulders above any of the other heavyweights currently active.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/m...d-kingdom.html

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
              Boxing is the 10th most popular sport in the UK it wouldnt even be 10th if the article below included athletics. So ur argument about talent going to other sports in the US doesnt have much value as the same thing is happening over here.

DeGale was fighting Jack who had a fairly significant weight advantage. There is a reason Jack cant fight at 168 anymore. AJ demolished one of the most dominant champions in this era. I would consider AJ elite talent in the heavyweight division because he is head and shoulders above any of the other heavyweights currently active.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/m...d-kingdom.html
              Well I still stand by my word cause there are many sports in the US that many athletes go for rather than boxing . https://fanspeak.com/steveospeak/2017/04/01/10-popular-sports-americans-love/

I don't really think Jack had a significant weight advantage over chunky even if he did that win would have made him an elite in my eyes . Anthony's win over Wlad while impressive wasn't over the best Wlad who was coming off a lost and a one year lay off .

Comment

Working...
              X