No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye Top Two Picks Named

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I don't think strength is his issue so much as defense. He can throw, but he's going to get taken out by anyone with experience and a pulse. He acts like a guy who hasn't taken a real beating in the ring and is careless. You can't dangle your arms like an ape when you're fighting HWs.
    isnt he looking weak for you?if he would fight Povetkin,russian monster would just move him around like a toy,its not how trained well prepared fighter looks no way.

Comment

What's the deal with making threads appear "official" with no trustworthy sources?

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        isnt he looking weak for you?if he would fight Povetkin,russian monster would just move him around like a toy,its not how trained well prepared fighter looks no way.
        He's not a heavy puncher, but neither is his brother and he did alright. There's only so much for you can do for guys that don't have heavy hands. Look at Loma, Floyd, Ward, etc. Not strong punchers but they make up for it in other areas. Hugie has better speed and movement than an average HW.

I do think someone like Povetkin steamrolls him but not everyone can be a top 5 HW. If Hughie focused on power he's likely lose some of the speed and movement that that he's getting by on. Improving defense never hurt anyone though and I have seen that as consistently being his weak point.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          He's not a heavy puncher, but neither is his brother and he did alright. There's only so much for you can do for guys that don't have heavy hands. Look at Loma, Floyd, Ward, etc. Not strong punchers but they make up for it in other areas. Hugie has better speed and movement than an average HW.

I do think someone like Povetkin steamrolls him but not everyone can be a top 5 HW. If Hughie focused on power he's likely lose some of the speed and movement that that he's getting by on. Improving defense never hurt anyone though and I have seen that as consistently being his weak point.
          Im not talking about punches,Tyson is Physicly strong man ,you cant toy with Fury he will toy with you,Hugie must gain weight and muscle ,thats what i mean.

Comment

Haye vs Leapai sounds about right. Haye gets to whip another chump before he gets the mandatory shot at the WBO belt. Also, maybe I'm reading it differently, but that tweet to me looks more like Price and Ortiz will be fighting different opponents on the DEC 10 card and not against each other

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              Haye vs Leapai sounds about right. Haye gets to whip another chump before he gets the mandatory shot at the WBO belt. Also, maybe I'm reading it differently, but that tweet to me looks more like Price and Ortiz will be fighting different opponents on the DEC 10 card and not against each other
              My understanding is the Price/Ortiz and Whyte/Chisora will both be on the undercard of Joshua/Molina and the winner of those fights fight each other, so we might get Ortiz/Whyte and the winner faces Joshua at the end of 2017

Comment

I don't see why Haye just doesn't cash in on the briggs fight.. Easy work and briggs will be able to promote it well.. Surely would be bigger than a leapia fight

Comment

As ever, a complete joke.

Haye is a disgrace. So much for only going for the 'big' fights.

Comment

Leapai sounds about right. I don't see him taking a big step now he has a title fight lined up next year.

IMO Briggs posed no threat to Haye, so Haye should of took that fight as it at least had casuals hype attatched to it.

Comment

Unless there is Leapai or Hughie branded toilet paper is some corner of Korea or something, then I'm failing to see the household names that were claimed.

Comment

Working...
                      X