Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Ward have been disqulified against Kessler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Ward have been disqulified against Kessler?

The more I watch this fight the more I feel it was a disgrace. Poor Kessler was writhing in pain with those brutal cuts, and not one was caused by his feather fisted punches.

IMO in Denmark he would have been disqualified.

Who else agrees?

Comment

I think he would have been at very high risk of being DQ'd - not for clinching but for leading with the head on multiple occasions.

Comment

Damn people going all out to discredit Ward.
        He beat everyone he faced and could do it all again, just accept it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
          Damn people going all out to discredit Ward.
          He beat everyone he faced and could do it all again, just accept it and move on.
          not really the point of this thread, if someone cheated and cheated by headbutting to stop a fight and nearly end a career, then im not going to move on am I....

Again, I cannot stree how many idiots are on tonight and Jloro is one of them

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
            not really the point of this thread, if someone cheated and cheated by headbutting to stop a fight and nearly end a career, then im not going to move on am I....

Funny that seeing as Kessler has managed to move on from it?

That said if it was in Denmark it might well have gone down differently. I can't remember if he was warned in the Kessler fight but he would have definitely been warned in Denmark and possibly had a point deducted and with both the excessive clinching and leading with the head, he could definitely have been DQ'd in Denmark.

That said Ward is such a versatile guy and has an exceptional boxing brain he probably would have adapted to what was being told him by the ref and just outboxed Kessler anyway.

I would like to see Ward fight away from home/hostile atmosphere where he wouldn't get everything his own way just to see he he'd cope but from the way he's handled most guys from a purely boxing standpoint, he beats the brakes off of everyone in his division again.

That said you do seem to have an agenda against certain fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post

At least we are not trying to get some sort of moral victory against Ward lol

Comment

Ward was well on his way to a UD victory.

Comment

I think so, I would have been pissed if I was Kessler. Andre really did some work with those head butts.

Comment

If Kessler had done that to Ward in Denmark and not have been DQ'd, Americans would have been screaming bloody murder instead of "hurr moove on bruh".

Comment

Working...
                    X