Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto To Possibly Return on December 1st?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One fight that could happen is Cotto-Martinez if Martinez wins and his fight with Chavez does good ppv numbers.

Comment

Floyd won't rematch Cotto, I don't see how any fan can think there's any chance that he would. First it was with Ortiz, people saying Floyd should rematch him, now it's Cotto. Neither of those fights were anywhere near close enough to warrant a rematch from a guy who's only ever given one rematch to an opponet in his entire career, and is very concerned with his opponet's record and marketability.

Comment

His opponent will be a can

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          They should shoot for a Canelo fight... at least Canelo should.
          If he wants a Mayweather fight next year and any credibility... Cotto is the way to go.
          Canelo is definitely a guy he should be looking to fight. There could be problems with Canelo fighting on September 15th though. Canelo could lose, or get injured. Or maybe he wouldn't want to fight "only" 2.5 months later. And the promoters probably wouldn't want to wait until after Sept 15 to finalize the fight.

There's one guy we know he won't be fighting... LARA.

Who can they dig up whose a somewhat credible but thoroughly beatable opponent? I doubt they would want Kirkland. He's obviously very beatable but still seems kind of dangerous for a guy like Cotto. Victor "Vicious" Ortiz has a broken jaw. I think Berto is or will be suspended. Maybe bring in a European?

It will be interesting to see who they dig up. Probably a welterweight. Personally, I think Cotto should retire. He's had a very good career, has made tons of money and has already been in a lot of wars.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Floyd won't rematch Cotto, I don't see how any fan can think there's any chance that he would. First it was with Ortiz, people saying Floyd should rematch him, now it's Cotto. Neither of those fights were anywhere near close enough to warrant a rematch from a guy who's only ever given one rematch to an opponet in his entire career, and is very concerned with his opponet's record and marketability.
            truth.....

Originally posted by Antagonist View Post
            His opponent will be a can
            winner of bundrage vs spinks

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
              One fight that could happen is Cotto-Martinez if Martinez wins and his fight with Chavez does good ppv numbers.

Same problem as with Canelo... the Sept 15th fight already scheduled.

And there's something else... If Martinez beats Chavez (and I think he will), Cotto's handlers will make sure Cotto doesn't get anywhere near Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Tbh, I agree with you.

Miguel did very well in the fight, and made it competetive, but it wasn't close enough to warrant a rematch.

I don't want a rematch to happen either, I'd rather see him fight somebody @ 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                  winner of bundrage vs spinks

Yeah, they probably want to get him a belt.

Vanes - not enough reward for the risk?

Quintana - I wouldn't be surprised

Trout - has a belt, but will be difficult to look good against. Might fight Canelo on Sept 15th.

Bundrage/Spinks - has a belt. Might fight Canelo on Sept 15th

I am guessing Bundrage.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                    Mannn, they make that at MSG and I'm effin there
                    Originally posted by APryor View Post
                    Canelo is definitely a guy he should be looking to fight. There could be problems with Canelo fighting on September 15th though. Canelo could lose, or get injured. Or maybe he wouldn't want to fight "only" 2.5 months later. And the promoters probably wouldn't want to wait until after Sept 15 to finalize the fight.

There's one guy we know he won't be fighting... LARA.

Who can they dig up whose a somewhat credible but thoroughly beatable opponent? I doubt they would want Kirkland. He's obviously very beatable but still seems kind of dangerous for a guy like Cotto. Victor "Vicious" Ortiz has a broken jaw. I think Berto is or will be suspended. Maybe bring in a European?

It will be interesting to see who they dig up. Probably a welterweight. Personally, I think Cotto should retire. He's had a very good career, has made tons of money and has already been in a lot of wars.
                    IMO, I don't see too much danger. GBP probably got scared by the Lopez/Ortiz situation and the WBC will protect Canelo at all costs. Wouldn't want some lesser known, unprofitable fighter taking their money making belt.

Comment

It won't be in PPV right?

Comment

Working...
                      X