Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Obama is taller than I thought.

No way Floyd is 5 foot 8 if Obama is 6 foot 1

Comment

Oh and I'm very excited about this fight.

I just hope that it doesn't become something liek Oscar VS May though.

Comment

I gotta make the dc move ......................... i am 5 miles away

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
          The Shane Mosley-Floyd Mayweather Jr. welterweight championship fight on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas looms as the biggest fight of the year unless the winner winds up facing pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao in the fall.

Even if Pacquiao doesn't face the winner, Mosley-Mayweather is still a significant fight and Golden Boy is about to launch the promotion full blast.

In addition to a forthcoming "24/7" series on HBO that will follow the buildup to the HBO pay-per-view fight, there will also be a three-city media tour. But the tour isn't going to just be for media members. The good news for fight fans is that all three events are open and free to the public.

Although the fight was signed a few weeks ago, Golden Boy and HBO smartly decided to wait until after the Winter Olympics so it does not get lost in the shuffle.

The tour, run by tour manager Kelly Swanson, will open March 2 at the NOKIA Theater in Times Square in New York. On March 3, the show will roll into the Lincoln Theater in Washington, D.C. When the Mayweather-Oscar De La Hoya tour hit Washington a few years ago, Mayweather was a huge hit and the fan favorite in the city, which is probably one of the reasons organizers of this promotion decided to hit the nation's capital again. The tour's final stop will come March 4 at the NOKIA Plaza at L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles.

Other than a few interviews, Mayweather has not been heard from very much since the fight he was negotiating with Pacquiao, which had been tentatively slated for March 13, imploded over their disagreement on the drug testing protocol. Then, Mayweather's fight with Mosley came together.

It will be interesting to hear what Mayweather has to say about all of it. I am psyched because they'll be hitting Washington, making it easy for me to go see what they have to say since I live in northern Virginia, only about a half-hour from the Lincoln Theater.

I expect Mayweather to be respectful of Mosley's accomplishments and Mosley to give Mayweather credit for his talent. But I also expect there to be some fireworks. Sure, they are selling a fight, but I also don't think either of them likes each other very much.

It should be fun.

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blo...ready-hit-road
          I use to work in Bailey's Crossroads

Comment

Does anyone know how these work? Where to get more info?

Like i wanna go to the NYC one, but where can i find the time or if im qualified to get in or do i ahve to buy tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
              Does anyone know how these work? Where to get more info?

Like i wanna go to the NYC one, but where can i find the time or if im qualified to get in or do i ahve to buy tickets.
              Dont need tickets its open to the public first come first served I guess, dont know about the time though, more details should come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman-p4p View Post
                I gotta make the dc move ......................... i am 5 miles away

where you at?

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
                  Wow Obama is taller than I thought.

No way Floyd is 5 foot 8 if Obama is 6 foot 1
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeanoFlash View Post
                    lol DC is a great boxing city....plus if you can get Barack to say somethin about the fight you can't go wrong at all lol.
                    No way that happeneds. He already got in trouble last time when people thought he was connected to Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      Dude why would they go to Chi-town?
                      Mosley is from LA (pamona) and NY is a must plus Last time may went to DC he got mad love
                      so why would they go to the Chi?
                      I feel bad for you bro but no reason to go there
                      Well lets see, they've covered the West Coast Base(Los Angeles), the East Coast Base(New York).

Why stay on the East Coast?

The logical thing to do would be to go to the 3rd largest city, or go to Detroit and Floyd's hometown to promote the fight in the Midwest.

Comment

Working...
                      X