Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Floyd would have been able to take rounds off Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tommys right hand ends mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
      yes overrated (you can quote me)

palomino and duran....did i miss anyone else ???
      Yea A cervantez who he beat at 140 for 1st title at 17.And also gave SSL one of his toughest fights.Alo gave hearns probs.Plus Hope was no bum he was legit top 10.You missed alot

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        Yea A cervantez who he beat at 140 for 1st title at 17.And also gave SSL one of his toughest fights.Alo gave hearns probs.Plus Hope was no bum he was legit top 10.You missed alot
        i missed overrating a couple of his wins/fights. my bad

Comment

yes overrated (you can quote me)

palomino and duran....did i miss anyone else ???
          you think hes overrated? who talks about him much? prime cervantes is probably his best win and you didn't even mention him. a guy like floyd wishes he had a win that good. too bad benitez fought a bunch of great prime fighters and didnt wait to pick off old guys. if people were saying benitez was the best ever then yea he would be overrated but they arent. they save that for guys with crap resumes who stay undefeated and duck

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            you think hes overrated? who talks about him much? prime cervantes is probably his best win and you didn't even mention him. a guy like floyd wishes he had a win that good. too bad benitez fought a bunch of great prime fighters and didnt wait to pick off old guys. if people were saying benitez was the best ever then yea he would be overrated but they arent. they save that for guys with crap resumes who stay undefeated and duck
            if you go 2-7 vs ''quality'' guys......dont blame the messenger.

Comment

Floyd has Benetiz type wins and would beat Benetiz, youre just stuck in the romantics of time, the fighters today haven't had time to unravel in their true light, back in those days they were saying the same sht about them lol.

Im not saying Floyd beats any of the greats but I am saying he can hang with all of them, great fighters from any generation including this one can never be written off against any fighter his size.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Floyd has Benetiz type wins and would beat Benetiz, youre just stuck in the romantics of time, the fighters today haven't had time to unravel in their true light, back in those days they were saying the same sht about them lol.

Im not saying Floyd beats any of the greats but I am saying he can hang with all of them, great fighters from any generation including this one can never be written off against any fighter his size.
                yeah but they were all old. im talking prime great fighters. he doesnt have that. benitez has that. how can we judge a fighter like floyd against benitez? we have more info on benitez and how he would do against his fellow great peers. didn't beat them all, won some lost some but we have the data. we simply dont have that data for floyd. sure we can fantasy predict he would whoop everyone and im sure thats what he wanted us to do but putting them on the same level discredits what others did by fighting the best.

the problem with floyd is that almost all his best wins were old so theres nothing left to unravel....they were already at the end of their careers. there was no more accomplishing to be done for them. i mean pac just lost to jeff horn so how great is that win? only guy that can unravel and become great is canelo and he just lost to ggg but there's still time for him. if floyd had beaten guys like spence and thurman then yea we would have to postpone our opinions for ten plus years but the data is already in and not looking kind to floyd.
                Last edited by daggum; 11-19-2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

yeah but they were all old. im talking prime great fighters. he doesnt have that. benitez has that. how can we judge a fighter like floyd against benitez? we have more info on benitez and how he would do against his fellow great peers. didn't beat them all, won some lost some but we have the data. we simply dont have that data for floyd. sure we can fantasy predict he would whoop everyone and im sure thats what he wanted us to do but putting them on the same level discredits what others did by fighting the best.

the problem with floyd is that almost all his best wins were old so theres nothing left to unravel....they were already at the end of their careers. there was no more accomplishing to be done for them. i mean pac just lost to jeff horn so how great is that win? only guy that can unravel and become great is canelo and he just lost to ggg but there's still time for him. if floyd had beaten guys like spence and thurman then yea we would have to postpone our opinions for ten plus years but the data is already in and not looking kind to floyd.
                  You answered your own question how do we judge them, we look and your telling what you see, in my eyes Floyd would beat Benetiz no problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    You answered your own question how do we judge them, we look and your telling what you see, in my eyes Floyd would beat Benetiz no problems at all.
                    yes you look based on the fights we have. we have fights in which benitez squared off with other prime greats. we dont have that for floyd so how can we accurately predict??? remember when all the ggg haters said it was easy to look good against subpar opposition...now its USE YOUR EYES forget about resume!

Comment

if you go 2-7 vs ''quality'' guys......dont blame the messenger.
                      i'm not sure what you are referring to. benitez has more than 2 quality wins so can't be him. also he was clearly faded when he had most of his losses so once again cant be him. is jones jr a bum cause he lost his last 10 fights against good opposition?

also grouping opponents into quality vs non quality opposition is not a great way to judge things and it puts the guys who dont have the greatest quality wins into the same category as guys who do. maybe that was your intention? not all wins are created equal. i'll take benitez beating cervantes or duran over floyd beating old mosley, old hoya, old marquez, old pac, etc...or prime castillo, prime corrales, prime baldomir, etc...sure he racked up more b level wins but im going for quality. im going for a sugar ray leonard type resume with 5 great wins instead of 20 solid wins.
                      Last edited by daggum; 11-20-2017, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X