Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol: Kovalev Will Have a Tougher Time With Ward in Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Bivol is right, rematch will be an ugly clinch-a-thon.
    probably, what other way can wart fight against sergey? he can't box with kovalev or he'll get KO'd.

Comment

Bivol didn't mention anything about ugly clinching?

Comment

That's the logical play. I'd say Ward has a good chance of making it that kind of situation. He proved he was a more determined champion in the first fight. Kovalev submitted to his style of fighting during long stretches and showed lack of inventiveness. Those betting on Kovalev will be doing so with their heart.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
          Ward wants to fight on the inside and does clinch. Kovalev stops him from doing this buy clinching TOO. Its going to be a clinchothon.
          Or Kovalev can BOX and MAKE Ward stay on the outside.
          Kovalev is a master boxer he would rather box wards ears off, but Wards clinching last time was extraordinary, i guess having wrestling background helps

Comment

For me I'd like to see Kovalev come out and destroy Ward in round one. I'm not a fan of Ward's hit , grab and hold style of fighting. He fights scared and I find it boring

Comment

i'd say ward will break fraud jr's record in clinching, hugging, backpedaling, and will use the sweet science boxing technique to the max.

upper cut to the nuts will be his main weapon on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
                For me I'd like to see Kovalev come out and destroy Ward in round one. I'm not a fan of Ward's hit , grab and hold style of fighting. He fights scared and I find it boring
                What kind of American is this sorry mofo?

Comment

That describes the avarage Hatton fight

Take down that Avi before you talk **** like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                    We'll see, Ward is very cunning and clever with what he does in there!

He knows his wrestling tactics saps his opponents energy and his illegal fouls makes his opponents have to be wary and careful how they come forward or when they get close!

His jab or left hook then clinch move disrupts his opponents rhythm and then he holds and hits to frustrate them!

He's good at evasion and knows how to use his legs!

He has fast hands, a good chin and in excellent condition!

But sadly he's facing a man who's on a mission to rid him of his career!..

A man who can box and punch very HARD!
                    Kov has fast hands and possess' one of the best jabs in the game and he knows how to time you as well!.

He's very good at the 1-2 and can throw more variety of shots if the situation presents itself!

His ring IQ is very underrated as he neutralized a good portion of Ward's fouling tactics and is strong mentally!

One thing I like about Kov is for a eastern European fighter he can move quick for a big guy and IMO if he uses his feet more stepping back walking Ward into counters he can put him away!

Another intangible bout Kovalev, it's rare for fighter to fight well when their emotional and he seems like the type to actually thrive off it, the more he's angry!

Fight week is here!

Good take on both fighters. Looking forward to Saturday. This isn't going to be pretty

Comment

that is exactly what I said

Ward was underdone heading into that fight..... EVERYONE commented on it beforehand, EVERYONE is forgetting that now

Ward will be much better with those 12 HARD rounds under his belt

and now he knows Kovalev inside out

I expect Kovalev to take more risks against a better version of Ward

Ward UD12 in another hard/close (possibly controversial) fight

Comment

Working...
                      X