Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Weight Classifications and Rules in Boxing - What Do You Guys Think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
    Same day weigh ins? Pre fight weigh ins!
    Exactly. I am all for pre fight weigh ins but many fights would be cancelled and money lost. but fighters would have to adjust knowing pre fight weigh in. I also like defending title 2-3 times a years against the best. anyone like Thurman etc that barely fight once a year should be put on the bottom of the pile and have to fight their way back up the ranks

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
      Boxing having 4 World Title Belts is actually a good thing for helping boxing grow around the world.

Broadcasters want to be able to sell their program with a WORLD TITLE FIGHT and if you had 15 Weight Divisions x 4 World Title Belts and at least 2 Defences a Year, that alone could produce 120 World Title Fights a year.

Every two years, i would have a unification tournament where all the belt holders have to fight each other to produce ONE UNDISPUTED CHAMPION so at least we do get to know who the best is in each division.
      that's going to the well way too much. 120 world title fights a year is insanity. It's like having a "big" PPV every two weeks, people will just wait for the next one.

Comment

You can go **** yourself for eliminating Cruiserweigt

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          You can go **** yourself for eliminating Cruiserweigt
          Cruiserweight becomes Light Heavyweight and therefore becomes much more marketable as a weight class to the American market.

Plus the extra 10 lbs would attract some of the smaller Heavyweights to it.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            that's going to the well way too much. 120 world title fights a year is insanity. It's like having a "big" PPV every two weeks, people will just wait for the next one.
            More World title fights is actually great for the boxing market.

It's actually the main reason Boxing is Booming at the moment globally especially in the 18-49 market and the ufc is declining in that market.

You have to remember there's around 20-30 World Title Fights a year in Japan that hardly get shown outside of that country.

The UK also has 20-30 World Title fights, half of them never get shown in America.

Other Markets too like the Mexican, Thailand, Ukraine, Russia etc that have World Title Fights also don't get shown in America.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              why even change the weight classes leave them be....

I would use more of universal naming of the weight classes and belts...

for example...

super welterweight = light middleweight

we know that but for someone who doesnt really follow boxing that would throw them off imo...

Also the belts have to remain at one belt per sanctioning body who is officially recognized by the ibhof.....

WBA
              WBC
              IBF
              WBO

and then there's THE RING belt.......

imo what there needs to be is a universal boxing body to control those belt organizations (imo should be the ibhof that comes up with that)

must fight one mando per year if you only have ONE to two belts

must fight TWO mandos per year if you have more than 2 belts etc

NO STEP ASIDE FEES AT ALL!

and so on and so on.....
              Basic problem is that every one is going to want different changes.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                Exactly. I am all for pre fight weigh ins but many fights would be cancelled and money lost. but fighters would have to adjust knowing pre fight weigh in. I also like defending title 2-3 times a years against the best. anyone like Thurman etc that barely fight once a year should be put on the bottom of the pile and have to fight their way back up the ranks
                Exactly.

I really don't see how any modern Athlete can't fight 3 times a year.

If like Thurman, they're injured they should have to give up their titles but allowed a future title shot when they're fit again.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
                  Exactly.

I really don't see how any modern Athlete can't fight 3 times a year.

If like Thurman, they're injured they should have to give up their titles but allowed a future title shot when they're fit again.
                  yes some good thoughts there

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
                    Same day weigh ins? Pre fight weigh ins!
                    If your going to do this their also needs to be a hydration test to make sure that they both make the weight AND they are hydrated.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                      If your going to do this their also needs to be a hydration test to make sure that they both make the weight AND they are hydrated.
                      Yes, I thought about that too. Fighters would have to pass real medical tests with hydration tests.

Comment

Working...
                      X