No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder Is On The Cusp Of His Prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
    As for Wilder's resume, it isn't really great. But that's not his fault. It is because heavyweight has few elite fighters. Two in fact. Wilder and AJ. And two good ones in Ortiz and Fury. And then you have a whole bunch of bums. AJ's resume sucks too if you take Wlad off.

Wilder fought the #3 heavyweight in March. Offered the #2 heavyweight $50 million and got turned down. So he is fighting the #4 heavyweight in the world. He is fighting 3 and 4 and only #4 because #2 refused to fight him. Considering this year alone, it is really hard to say anything bad about his choice of opponents.
    Wilder didn't fight the #3 heavyweight in march. You know who did? AJ.

Then he fought the #3 in September. After beating the #1 last year, and a mandatory after #5 pulled out.

He currently hold wins over #4 #5 and #6, and wilder's best win magically moved up two spots due to being inactive and losing by KO. AJ has wins over a further (at the time) top 10 opponents in Breazele, Martin and Takam.

Their resumes aren't even in the same stratosphere, and that's before you start talking about AJ having half the fights of Wilder.

Comment

Deontay Wilder is a useless dosser, this bum can't even hit the pads cleanly.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        He's #2 in boxrec. That wouldn't be possible if 95% of his opponents were bums. He has twice as many points as everyone else except AJ. Where are your posts trashing the thousands of heavyweights who haven't proven themselves as much as Wilder has? AJ is the #1 heavyweight in the world. Congrats. But why are you trashing #2 instead of everyone below him? Doesn't make sense.

That's what happens when the guy with the other belts refuses to fight you.

That's a lie. He's fighting three former champions in a row.

He's #2 in the world. Why aren't you criticizing #3 or #300 or #3,000? Why the obsession with pretending #2 isn't impressive?
        He got most of those points from fighting another guy that beat nobody, Ortiz. Ortiz was actually rated above Wilder before that fight. 2 fighters that beat nobody of note.
        Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 11-14-2018, 05:09 AM.

Comment

As they should. Those fighters have proven more than Ortiz.

Belts are meaningless in Boxrec. What matters is who beat who and how. If Whyte's resume was so impressive, he wouldn't be so far behind Wilder, who has twice as many points as him.

But even if you wanted to care about belts, last I checked, Wilder actually CURRENTLY HOLDING the most important belt means more on a resume than Whyte beating somebody who used to hold a belt before he beat them.

Your argument is so stupid on so many fronts. No matter how you slice it, Wilder's resume easily surpasses Whyte's. Boxrec clearly shows that.
          Wilder beat a paper champ and is one himself

Who beat who ? Wilders time is trash, his one decent win is against a 50 year old who almost knocked him out until the ref stepped in to give wilder more time to recover

Wilder had a trash resume

You whole basis is wilder has a belt, his belt isn’t the most important why? Because he was given it by Haymon

He has also ducked klit, Whyte, Joshua and povetkin to fight inferior guys

You wilder dk riders spreading fake news are a cancer to the sport

Comment

He's #2 in boxrec. That wouldn't be possible if 95% of his opponents were bums. He has twice as many points as everyone else except AJ. Where are your posts trashing the thousands of heavyweights who haven't proven themselves as much as Wilder has? AJ is the #1 heavyweight in the world. Congrats. But why are you trashing #2 instead of everyone below him? Doesn't make sense.
            That's hilarious, there's people out there that take the Boxrec ranking seriously ?, their whole points system is ridiculous.

Comment

That's what happens when the guy with the other belts refuses to fight you.

That's a lie. He's fighting three former champions in a row.

He's #2 in the world. Why aren't you criticizing #3 or #300 or #3,000? Why the obsession with pretending #2 isn't impressive?
              He's number #2 after 40 fights AJ has nearly double the number of points over him in half the fights .. that ain't great. The gap between #3 and #2 is much smaller than #1 and #2.

Comment

Apollo himself could step down from Olympia with the sole purpose of displaying prefect boxing and these kids would respond with " But what his resume doe?"

The legend of Polydeukes does not center around namesake it centers around feat.

Triangle theory is laughed at and ridiculed until convoluted by a ladder system. It is semantics, but it is the accepted form of semantics. Both sides will employ it to their needs when convenient regardless of the nature of the argument.

Which is why y'all find yourselves in so many semantics based arguments no one can win. Which is why you don't talk to one another but rather at one another. You're not talking to your debate opponent. You, like a politician, are speaking to your base so that you might get others to say hurray for your side and gang up on one opinion.

Feats are stronger. Feats are what we use to gage the abilities of men not resume.

I'll give you an example. Ali says Shavers hit hardest right? Plenty of folks have claimed it's Foreman. Where is Shaver's or Foreman's actual energy readouts? Those don't exist so what's the next step you can use, by numbers, to rationalize their power? KO% obviously. What is the likeliness their opponents get stopped. At no point is it ok to stop and say " But dat were Frazier doe so him get extra points"

Like it or not that is the only way to codify abilities.

Rocky Marciano has the 925ft-lbs stat verified by the US Army on top of his KO%. The likeliness of Marciano stopping his opponent goes up because you have more values to work with. 925 suggests that should Marciano land he wins, no one can simply eat 925. the KO% suggests if you fight him you are likely to be stopped. combined on any sort of number generator and what you have is two logical and mathematical ways Marciano stops people where most of your heaviest hitting fellas in history only have one because everything else people use, such as hearsay and semantics, to prove their power is not something that can be given a value.

Which is why Marciano dominates simulators. Outside of Boxrec's website sim they don't use resume to compare abilities they use statistics. Usually on the d20 system so if you know D&D it isn't too terribly different. I think they use d100 but it's the same as the d20 system.

To find out Superman's biggest output of power you do not look up which comic book crossover he fought his best names in. You look up his most absurd feat, apply a bit of math, and jango now you know the most amount of energy Supe has put out, now you can codify that peak and use that value to see how his displayed ability matches up against another's displayed ability.

resume is the opposite of this. Resume argues name based values. I defeated this man so that prove I have these skills....well that is a very personal way to look at things. I hit X hard so I have the ability to hit X hard is much less so. I beat a man known for speed so I am faster is nice propaganda. I have registered higher speeds than this man known for his speed so i am faster is simply true.

Comment

Beyonce Wildher gonna smoke that fat gypsy fool, war Beyonce!

Comment

Wilder may indeed be on the cusp of his prime.

He is also on the cusp of getting schooled by Tyson Fury.

Sometimes, cherries bite back!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Wow! Malik Scott did a great job at mimicking the hunchback but, I just realize that Jay Deas moves just like Tyson Fury! Deontay has the blueprint! No way Fury wins, now I'm convinced.
                      Lol, yeah right .. put Deas in with Wlad and see how that works out!

Comment

Working...
                      X