Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC is getting a lot of flack for this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just seems like a whole lot of decent fights and no great ones, when if they'd just been matched up in a slightly different combination there could've easily been a bunch of great ones. I'll watch them all but I don't see anything worth staying up for (as a British boxing fan)

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Why do you keep taking me off ignore yo respond to me.

You're a jerkoff, put me back on ignore please.
      You haven't been on ignore in months chump, stop lying. But since you requested, back you go.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        NFL craps on fans yearly. I can’t think of a sport where fan requests are listened to. Maybe UFC which is a combat league and pays the workers much less.

I really don’t think the issue is listening to fans. What hurt boxing was it getting removed from network television. Even then there was PPV (closed circuit, etc). But once it left network TV entirely, that was the death blow.
        Like I said I'm not really arguing boxing ISN'T doing a lot of backwards sh^t. But every year every almost other sport defines the best of their sport in a way that makes sense or certainly in a better way then boxing does. And I think that lack of a clearly defined best boxer in every division is a huge problem with casual fans finding the time for boxing. Know one who isn't watching boxing like most of us here do know who's the best reallllllllly in more than 1 or 2 divisions probably. And sh^t even we don't know for sure who's the best in some divisions thats how watered down boxing is. You can't water down a sport like boxing has watered down itself & not expect that to disinterest some fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
          I don't get this whole " PBC Fanboys " vs " DAZN Fanboy " shet . Some of the matchups should be pretty good fights .
          its played out and makes it hard to even come to the site these days

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Like I said I'm not really arguing boxing ISN'T doing a lot of backwards sh^t. But every year every almost other sport defines the best of their sport in a way that makes sense or certainly in a better way then boxing does. And I think that lack of a clearly defined best boxer in every division is a huge problem with casual fans finding the time for boxing. Know one who isn't watching boxing like most of us here do know who's the best reallllllllly in more than 1 or 2 divisions probably. And sh^t even we don't know for sure who's the best in some divisions thats how watered down boxing is. You can't water down a sport like boxing has watered down itself & not expect that to disinterest some fans.
            Even at its peak, boxing wasn’t about the best fighting the best on an annual basis. That wasn’t what drove it down.

The narrowing of the audience did that. Now we have to build that audience back up. You do that by presenting the fighters to the biggest viewership audience and then building interest in them so when you put on a big fight...people actually know it’s a big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Even at its peak, boxing wasn’t about the best fighting the best on an annual basis. That wasn’t what drove it down.
              I disagree with that. There were top guys fighting all through out the year in the old timey days when boxing had gotten some structure from the old old timey days. I mean did the top 2 met every year? Nah, but guys were fighting top ten guys every year.

Sure there were still Adonis Stevenson's back in the day, but they were still the clear champion & less respected & more forgotten about usually over not fighting legit guys as often as others. Nowadays a champion can hold a title for years & never fight a real top ten guy. Sh^ts insane.

The narrowing of the audience did that. Now we have to build that audience back up. You do that by presenting the fighters to the biggest viewership audience and then building interest in them so when you put on a big fight...people actually know it’s a big fight.
              Again you are preaching to the choir on boxing doing multiple f#cked up things to disinterest casual fans, but a big one is casuals not knowing who the f#ck is a top boxer outside of 2-5 guys. And usually casuals I talk to will mention guys who haven't fought in 5-10 years as their favorite ACTIVE fighter lol. And I believe a large part of that is cuz no one is sustaining the quality control in boxing so that big fights are happening all the time to build up names as big as the guys who came before them had their names build up.

And randomly this might be why boxers are seemingly able to fight longer on average then guys of the past (sure PEDs is in play there to doe). Back in the day great boxers were done by 33, 34 or 35 far more often than not. And I'm not just talking about the old old days when mfers fought 20 times a year or w/e & that would logically bring you down. Even guys who retired in the 70's or early 80's & had activity similar to fighters today were done in that 33-35 range.

And I believe that has a lot to do with the fact boxing has been getting more & more watered down over the last several decades so that top fighters don't fight other top fighters as much which preserves their bodies & insures they can box for more years. Cuz I'm sure if you looked at the best fighters year in, year out they are getting older then they've been. Again I'm sure PED usage is in play here as well, but not taxing your body vs other top guys is too. And thats what is insuring less casuals & sports fans watch fights.

Go talk to some casuals if you don't believe me. They'll usually bring up two reasons as to why they don't watch boxing as much as they used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Don't know why people are complaining considering who Canelo is fighting and Hearn putting on **** like Miller vs Adamek, Whyte vs Chisora and Andrade v Kautondokwa
                Yeah and people complained about miller vs Adamek as they rightfully should.

Whyte vs chisora was a perfectly good fight according to Americans when he was chasing wilder. “Whyte has chisora problems” remember that? I’m sure you have a selective memory doe. It’s a reasonable fight to make considering the first was both a classic and close and chisora is coming off a career best win.

You really going to blame Hearn for Andrade vs katuondokwa, seriously? You know full well why that happened.

Comment

All these PPVs might actually be a good thing for PBC. There's plenty of people I know who don't give a fück about boxing unless it's on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    I think Spence-Garcia was always destined for PPV.

UFC was at it's absolute peak in what was that 2011.

And ESPN while good, didn't have anything like what FOX did and I don't think ESPN is goin all out. ESPN only brings up boxing the week before when they should be running stuff in the network daily.
                    I obviously hear you but can we imagine Stephen A. talking about boxing on a daily basis

Comment

The matches suck

Comment

Working...
                      X