Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo/DAZN Deal Will End PPV Boxing In the United States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    Fawking cashnelo lmfao
    The dirty ginger is going to bank!
    Floydie is already jealous talking about fight that taliban tabibi or whatever his name is lmfao
    Sure Floyd is soo jealous..

Canelo having to fight 11 times to make what Floyd made in about 4-5.

Comment

• OTA, Netflix and DAZN and I'm good.

Comment

• Good ppv boxing needs to die once and for all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
          I definitely agree that the UFC isn't moving away from a PPV model, they're using the TV and streaming deals to put on more events in more countries (and states) and kept a similar number of PPV events regardless.

It does seem like there are far less boxing PPV's these days though, but
          are you saying the numbers don't back that up? I'd be surprised if year by year there are more of them now than there were 5 or more years ago.
          If you look at revenue generated from PPV in the US in the last 5 years, it's the strongest 5 year window in history (adjusted for inflation)

Comment

• Many of you have mentioned WWE and UFC. Fair comments.. but the stark fact is they are both promotional organisations and pretty much Id assume make 90%+ of all revenue in pro wrestling /MMA. No one comes close to generating the numbers they do in their respective sports.

The main point I'm making is both the UFC and WWE have deep rosters and have exclusive ownership over their rights. That's why its easy to make UFC and WWE video games.

Boxing is however a completely different thing... there are dozens of major promoters and they are all tied into different tv networks and subscription networks. Canelo will fight 2-3 times a year maximum and not every fight will be a ggg calibre fight. Rocky Fielding fight is frankly a joke.

I hear lots of you praising Eddie Hearn. Eddie Hearn is nobody if he loses Joshua. All he will have is more mediocre arena events and another 80,000 gullible UK casual boxing fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightener View Post
              Making American boxing great again
              Lololololol

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
                Ironically the WWE did it first with their WWE Network and now boxing, Hearn is on to something.
                I was going to say the same thing, WWE did it first, took a huge gamble and it paid off big time, was only a matter of time before boxing followed.

Comment

• interesting...lets see if this is sustainable long term....

Comment

• Originally posted by maddad2001 View Post
                    Many of you have mentioned WWE and UFC. Fair comments.. but the stark fact is they are both promotional organisations and pretty much Id assume make 90%+ of all revenue in pro wrestling /MMA. No one comes close to generating the numbers they do in their respective sports.

The main point I'm making is both the UFC and WWE have deep rosters and have exclusive ownership over their rights. That's why its easy to make UFC and WWE video games.

Boxing is however a completely different thing... there are dozens of major promoters and they are all tied into different tv networks and subscription networks. Canelo will fight 2-3 times a year maximum and not every fight will be a ggg calibre fight. Rocky Fielding fight is frankly a joke.

I hear lots of you praising Eddie Hearn. Eddie Hearn is nobody if he loses Joshua. All he will have is more mediocre arena events and another 80,000 gullible UK casual boxing fans.
                    In MMA ,fighters are paid peanuts in comparison to what they make the company.

I am not questioning your due diligence and the Canelo deal may prove to be a short term loss but end up a long term gain ( speculate to accumulate)

It’s not even been 5 months and look at the progress Dazn has made. Not saying they have fulfilled their goal but there were so many people on here that had or still have defeatist attitudes. It’s funny to read their posts now. It pains some of them . Some of them got temporary relief that at least the deal had nothing to do with Hearn

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      If you look at revenue generated from PPV in the US in the last 5 years, it's the strongest 5 year window in history (adjusted for inflation)
                      but take away Mayweather PPVs and ?

Comment

Working...
                      X