No announcement yet.

canelo is now a hero to the people of the UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holler View Post
    Why do you write this drivel? I've seen you write intelligently about boxing, so why do you bother with this garbage?
    what I just said is true

few years ago canelo was a poosy to the UK army....a couple of weeks ago he was the 2 time beneficiary of corrupt judging....a cheat...and also still a poosy

now that hes affiliated with the app that hearn runs his fighters through he is now a national hero to the UK...its hilarious...how hes "Cashnelo" and whatever else you wanna call him...I see uk guys now praising him as a warrior....now hes "fought a beast twice in a row".....that wasn't the tune a couple of weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      When were UK fans known as haters of Canelo?

Because I must have missed that memo.
      hahaha...you live under a rock?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        Yeah you're most likely correct but i was just responding to OP who made it seem like that fight would be some kind of a joke or mismatch like this feilding fight probably will be.
        OP is just being salty. If that fight ever happens then Canelo is would be the most courageous boxer around so don’t know what the OP is trying to prove. If it’s a mismatch it’s because Canelo is the underdog, not technically as Canelo has elite boxing fundamentals as is the better boxer but Smith is 6ft 3 with huge reach.. Canelo is 5ft 7. Doesn’t matter how good Canelo is he can’t be taking on guys that are much bigger and undefeated in their own weight class and we can’t expect him to do that.

Comment

Nope i'm consistent with my dislike of the guy

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            a couple of years ago he was a poosy

a couple of months ago he was still a poosy who was also now a cheat

a couple of weeks ago he was the two time recepient of unfair judging and corruption

now hes a national hero....lol

enjoy canelo vs callum smith
            Whens he fighting Smith then? As if..

Comment

hahaha...you live under a rock?
              Must have missed that memo too.

I like Canelo. Canelo got a great reception in Belfast too.

Or are we meant to dislike him because he’s bashed some pretty overmatched Brits in the past and will again in a few months.

Also im sure you’re aware you speak in very general terms. Nobody in the UK knows who Canelo is outside hardcore boxing fans.

Anyway it’s not even good news for us. We get his fights one way or another on Sky or BT or whoever picks them up.

We also don’t get DAZN. So really it’s only good news for you guys.

Bad news if you inexplicably want some European based app to fail out of jingoism.

To be fair if we’re DAZN I would have affiliated them with some American mahogany faced, glow in the dark teeth, corny arsehat that you guys are used to. Instead you have exactly that but an English version

Comment

a couple of years ago he was a poosy

a couple of months ago he was still a poosy who was also now a cheat

a couple of weeks ago he was the two time recepient of unfair judging and corruption

now hes a national hero....lol

enjoy canelo vs callum smith

Don't even know what your talking about. Been a
                Canelo fan since he was a teenager.

Comment

Reading through the threads last night and today I see posters who are the 'new found Canelo fan' group, seemingly bitter about the news.

Not the old time Canelo fans, just the ones who jumped on the Canelo bandwagon when he became a GGG rival. Most of those guys have it in for DAZN too.
                  Looks like they are now dropping their faux interest in Canelo because they can't separate a fighter, from an app, who's main boxing voice is a promoter they don't like.

Canelo is a great signing for DAZN. The biggest they could get. It doesn't do much for the people of the UK. the UK doesn't get DAZN. He's not going to become a household name in the uk because he fights on an app in America that most Brits don't know about.

If his deal ties in with SKY he'll get more UK casual fans.
                  The hardcores already like him and root for him. Most of them did call him out for failing a drug test, and many of them do think he got 2 favourable decisions from judges. They're not going to change their opinion on that because he's signed with DAZN. That's a strange notion.
                  There doesn't always have to be a conflict of interest. People were trying to make one with the Manny/PBC thing this week. Really, who cares, they're fighters picking a promoter/TV channel that best suits their needs. That's all.
                  Last edited by Chrismart; 10-17-2018, 07:10 AM.

Comment

what I just said is true

few years ago canelo was a poosy to the UK army....a couple of weeks ago he was the 2 time beneficiary of corrupt judging....a cheat...and also still a poosy

now that hes affiliated with the app that hearn runs his fighters through he is now a national hero to the UK...its hilarious...how hes "Cashnelo" and whatever else you wanna call him...I see uk guys now praising him as a warrior....now hes "fought a beast twice in a row".....that wasn't the tune a couple of weeks ago
                    Sure you ain't generalising just a lil teensy bit, man? Y'Know it's like a country of 60 odd million people and tens of thousands of boxing fans. The opinions on Hearn, on Canelo, on GGG and everything else are wide and varied. Attacking other posters is wasteful and juvenile in my book, but if you are gonna waste your time on that ish at least target the specific posters instead of 'the people of the UK'. Like another poster pointed out though, and as I've mentioned before, you're a pretty good poster when you don't engage in this schoolyard bickering. Why waste your time?

Comment

American fans are becoming really bitter and insecure now that their monopoly over top level boxing is coming undone

Comment

Working...
                      X