Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a new iPhone. Which one do you recommend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
    You're on crack if you think the iphone is the best mobile phone out there, a "plus model", that's the bullshyt you're referring to, last time I checked, when the Note came, it was ridiculed for having a big screen.

iPhone users were even drinking the Steve Job Kool-aid, talking about the 3.5" screen was the perfect screen size, said nobody would ever buy the Note cause of the screen size, well, fast forward 7 years and the iPhone has a 6.5" screen with .25-.30" bar in front of the screen.

So you see, Samsung has been making a plus for 7 years, and making multiple phones, it was Apple who saw big phone market that Samsung is king and made another phone similar to it's flagship but with a larger screen.

And telephoto lens were being used 2-3 years before Apple put it on their phone, so tell me again how are they copying Apple? Marketing?
    Excuse me? Who started the "Plus" naming on their models first? Samsung or Apple? iPhone 6 plus came out in 2014, and then Samsung released their S6 Edge Plus (+) a year later, and have since then used the Plus naming (+) on their models.

Which Android phone had a telephoto lens before the iPhone 7 introduced it with the "portrait" mode and bokeh effect? None, they had dual cameras, but not at all in the way that Apple introduced it, and Samsung added it too, starting with the Note 8.

How about the notch introduced with the iPhone X and the removal of the Aux jack? Pretty much every Android phone, except Samsung, now have a notch and no headphone jack. Samsung will soon follow.

How about design? Everything before the S6 was plastic garbage from Samsung. Then with the S6 they finally started mixing in metals and glass.

Performance? Apple's chips destroy any Exynos or Snapdragon chipset that Androids use, and Apple had a performance lead with every generation.

Screen size? Yes, Android was making phones with bigger screens before Apple, and Apple made theirs bigger later on, but don't even start to go there. Apple made the iPhone, THE PHONE that inspired Samsung and LG and SONY and MOTOROLA and HTC and everyone else...

So don't start with the Steve Jobs fanboy talk. I am no Apple fanboy, and I generally dislike Apple products. But when it comes to phones, Apple makes the best one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      Excuse me? Who started the "Plus" naming on their models first? Samsung or Apple? iPhone 6 plus came out in 2014, and then Samsung released their S6 Edge Plus (+) a year later, and have since then used the Plus naming (+) on their models.

Which Android phone had a telephoto lens before the iPhone 7 introduced it with the "portrait" mode and bokeh effect? None, they had dual cameras, but not at all in the way that Apple introduced it, and Samsung added it too, starting with the Note 8.

How about the notch introduced with the iPhone X and the removal of the Aux jack? Pretty much every Android phone, except Samsung, now have a notch and no headphone jack. Samsung will soon follow.

How about design? Everything before the S6 was plastic garbage from Samsung. Then with the S6 they finally started mixing in metals and glass.

Performance? Apple's chips destroy any Exynos or Snapdragon chipset that Androids use, and Apple had a performance lead with every generation.

Screen size? Yes, Android was making phones with bigger screens before Apple, and Apple made theirs bigger later on, but don't even start to go there. Apple made the iPhone, THE PHONE that inspired Samsung and LG and SONY and MOTOROLA and HTC and everyone else...

So don't start with the Steve Jobs fanboy talk. I am no Apple fanboy, and I generally dislike Apple products. But when it comes to phones, Apple makes the best one.
      You sound more like a fanboy than Breakbeat, and he's actually a rollerskating iPhone fan boy who kept thinking the iPhone was the first smartphone too.

HTC??? since the first iPhone couldn't even send picture messages, I guess picture messages is a HTC feature.

So because they use plus, they're copying, got it. The company that only gave you 1 phone but 2 different models in the same size notices that it's main competitor making big phones and names it plus but somehow the competitor is copying because they use plus too, this is too good.

The HTC M8 had dual telephoto lens years before Apple and no phone needs 2 lenses for bokeh, that's already proven, unless you want the fake adjustable bokeh Apple and Samsung use for post processing.

Samsung will never remove the headphone jack, they learned their lesson when they took out the SD card, that was the biggest backlash they ever received, bigger than the Note 7 battery in terms on consumer.

Have iPhone always been pretty, yup, but the best phones???? how, they don't even multitask, the iPhone doesn't even get better signal than snapdragon NOTE 9 on the same network, how can the best phone not do everything you pay for, no NFC with MST, no headphone jack with DAC, no SD card???? that's the best???

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        You sound more like a fanboy than Breakbeat, and he's actually a rollerskating iPhone fan boy who kept thinking the iPhone was the first smartphone too.

HTC??? since the first iPhone couldn't even send picture messages, I guess picture messages is a HTC feature.

So because they use plus, they're copying, got it. The company that only gave you 1 phone but 2 different models in the same size notices that it's main competitor making big phones and names it plus but somehow the competitor is copying because they use plus too, this is too good.

The HTC M8 had dual telephoto lens years before Apple and no phone needs 2 lenses for bokeh, that's already proven, unless you want the fake adjustable bokeh Apple and Samsung use for post processing.

Samsung will never remove the headphone jack, they learned their lesson when they took out the SD card, that was the biggest backlash they ever received, bigger than the Note 7 battery in terms on consumer.

Have iPhone always been pretty, yup, but the best phones???? how, they don't even multitask, the iPhone doesn't even get better signal than snapdragon NOTE 9 on the same network, how can the best phone not do everything you pay for, no NFC with MST, no headphone jack with DAC, no SD card???? that's the best???
        I never said the iPhone was the first smart phone. I'm saying the iPhone is what defined all of today's smart phones.

No multitasking? You meant no split-screen. No SD Card? I never needed one on any phone, that could be a plus for some people who store music, photos and videos. No headphone jack? Hadn't used one since the 5s. No NFC? Apple had NFC on iPhones since the 6, it was just limited to Apple pay, which is a good thing.

iPhones are much more stable and secure thanks to this.

What's better on iPhones? 90% of what users want.

The user interface. Android is a buggy, unoptimized, one size fits all platform that always feels like it's in Beta stages. Apps on iOS are much better made.

Performance. Big applications, video editing, games, all work much better and faster on an iPhone. Android graphics suck. The games lag and the colors, details, textures, anti aliasing and FPS suck. Video editing takes twice as long on even the latest Androids.

The fact that it's not trying to be a pocket PC. Apple never marketed their phone as a computer. The Note series is a productivity tool, and that's good for those who need it.

CUSTOMRE SERVICE. Apple Stores and their service are by far superior to anything any Android maker has.

Don't call me a fanboy. I'm simply defending the superior product.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
          Iphone 7 man. I got 256gb on it and never had a problem for 2 yrs now and i got like over a 100 apps and 30,000 pics and probably 200 vids
          Yeah that's what I was thinking of getting. I wouldn't be getting the latest model, so I might as well pay for the extra storage.

And besides, that's my biggest issue is the storage. I've been struggling with storage on my phone for close to a year now. Deleting multiple apps, music, you name it.

And since they're supporting their phones for a longer period of time, I figured they'd still be supporting the 7 for awhile after I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
            Yeah that's what I was thinking of getting. I wouldn't be getting the latest model, so I might as well pay for the extra storage.

And besides, that's my biggest issue is the storage. I've been struggling with storage on my phone for close to a year now. Deleting multiple apps, music, you name it.

And since they're supporting their phones for a longer period of time, I figured they'd still be supporting the 7 for awhile after I get it.
            I’m a photo and vid hoarder myself so I really struggled with my 5s 2 yrs ago, i prefer deleting anything else than what’s inside my gallery. As they are basically the timeline of my life.

I then decided to buy an external memory for my 5s, as i thought maybe i don’t need a new phone just yet, but then it was so inconvenient to use! You can only access the external via an app, and it takes forever to view pics as they are in list form. Imagine you have to scroll thousands of them, i thought it’d be in a form of apple gallery as well.

So I returned the external chip, and bought myself an IP7, a year later I haven’t even use 30% of the memory! And I’m a hoarder I screen cap a lot if things in the net and don’t bother to even delete them. I had like 50 photo apps alone.

As of now i haven’t checked the remaining memory but im sure I haven’t reached 40% of it yet. And it has been 2 yrs.

Iphone 7 256gb clicks all the boxes for your requirement man.
            And i’m not planning to change mine as well, not until i struggle with its memory.

I still keep my IP5 though for office contacts. And is still working like its day 1.

Goodluck!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
              I never said the iPhone was the first smart phone. I'm saying the iPhone is what defined all of today's smart phones.

No multitasking? You meant no split-screen. No SD Card? I never needed one on any phone, that could be a plus for some people who store music, photos and videos. No headphone jack? Hadn't used one since the 5s. No NFC? Apple had NFC on iPhones since the 6, it was just limited to Apple pay, which is a good thing.

iPhones are much more stable and secure thanks to this.

What's better on iPhones? 90% of what users want.

The user interface. Android is a buggy, unoptimized, one size fits all platform that always feels like it's in Beta stages. Apps on iOS are much better made.

Performance. Big applications, video editing, games, all work much better and faster on an iPhone. Android graphics suck. The games lag and the colors, details, textures, anti aliasing and FPS suck. Video editing takes twice as long on even the latest Androids.

The fact that it's not trying to be a pocket PC. Apple never marketed their phone as a computer. The Note series is a productivity tool, and that's good for those who need it.

CUSTOMRE SERVICE. Apple Stores and their service are by far superior to anything any Android maker has.

Don't call me a fanboy. I'm simply defending the superior product.
              Put the vodka down, Sergey. Switched my Xs Max for a Note 9, and I'll tell you this, Vitali, Note 9 does more than the iPhone. Can't believe I never tried android till now. Never going back to iOS. Carry on now, Oleg.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. EBT 97K View Post
                Put the vodka down, Sergey. Switched my Xs Max for a Note 9, and I'll tell you this, Vitali, Note 9 does more than the iPhone. Can't believe I never tried android till now. Never going back to iOS. Carry on now, Oleg.
                Man you’re dumb. In every single post, I never said that the iPhone did more than the Note. In fact, if you would shove your head out of your ass and actually read my posts, including the one you quoted, you would see that I said the Note is a better productivity tool, a pocket computer. But as a mobile phone, the iPhone is better, and performs better than Android. Cut down on the cheap Whiskey, Cletus.

Comment

this man has seen the light.

Samsung's galaxy is the best ****ing line out there by a mile.

Followed by the google pixel

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                    this man has seen the light.

Samsung's galaxy is the best ****ing line out there by a mile.

Followed by the google pixel
                    Been with Apple since the 5s. This year I finally decided to switch. Had enough of Apples B.S. Returned the Max because I did not think it was worth $1250. The damn thing can't even do split screen. Plus I missed my headphone jack; wireless headphones still suck. I was told to wait for the S10, but couldn't wait. Bought my new baby unlocked and I phucking love it. NEVER going back to Apple.

Comment

Been with Apple since the 5s. This year I finally decided to switch. Had enough of Apples B.S. Returned the Max because I did not think it was worth $1250. The damn thing can't even do split screen. Plus I missed my headphone jack; wireless headphones still suck. I was told to wait for the S10, but couldn't wait. Bought my new baby unlocked and I phucking love it. NEVER going back to Apple.
                      I was on to apple from the jump, with their overpriced bullshlt and nickel and diming schemes, like aac you can only play on apple products, proprietary cables and removing the headphone jacks so you had to use their headphones.

**** apple and everyone who funds their bullshlt.

Comment

Working...
                      X