No announcement yet.

Sky Sports Pundits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    I mean there are hometown advantages pretty much anywhere, and there have been bad scores/robberies in the states against the away fighter as well. But per fight, I do agree it is tougher to get an away decision or fair shake in the UK. That could be simply due to the crowd and incompetent refs. EVERYONE knows Lewis is one of the, if not the WORST ref in the UK and yet he keeps getting these big fight assignments. You could argue Parker's camp should have know better and objected that choice and had them pick someone else.
    The ref's are definitely a problem here i think.

As for judging, it seems to be getting a bit like Germany used to be. Then again, i think that applies everywhere now. I think it's just promoters and occasions having an influence over judges.

Can you imagine anyone would get a close decision v AJ in the UK on a Matchroom show? - i doubt it. Same as Canelo and his fights. If the best thing the judges can give Canelo is a draw, you know there's no way he won that fight. So that side of things goes on everywhere.

The problem is that people only look at bad scoring when the fights go to a decision. If people look at scorecards before fights have been won by knockout, you'll see that many fights are extremely badly scored and certain fighters were never going to lose on points, but they seem to get ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      This^^^^

I've been watching fights on mute for awhile now
      Showtime is the worst not because they are biased but because Ranello IS ALWAYS YELLING.

The Sky team was so biased it was unbelievable. Bellew needs to be kept get far away from ringside...his scores were in Adelaide Byrd territory.

Comment

My goodness, what the hell were that babbling about all fight and scoring the fight? I think Bellew said at one point he had Whyte up 10 POINTS? How the hell is that possible? Parker clearly won the 1st round, 5th round, the last three rounds and then you could argue the 4th round. He was clearly winning the 2nd round and the BS KD turned that round upside down for him. But I just don't get their analysis 90% of the time. I remember Froch had Brook up 5-1 against Spence and made it seem like it was a domination. And I thought at that time that was bad, but they keep getting worse and worse. I don't know what is worse at the moment, Sky Pundits or the crap comparisons we hear from Max Kellerman LOL.

I've seen some very good analysts and commentators in the UK, but SKY can't get any of them? Their lower level cards get damn solid commentating.

Anyways, some enjoyable moments in the two HW showdowns. Now on to the SHO card tonight!
        The problem here is that they are ex British boxers who know the British boxers which does lead to bias... simply because many are friends...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
          The ref's are definitely a problem here i think.

As for judging, it seems to be getting a bit like Germany used to be. Then again, i think that applies everywhere now. I think it's just promoters and occasions having an influence over judges.

Can you imagine anyone would get a close decision v AJ in the UK on a Matchroom show? - i doubt it. Same as Canelo and his fights. If the best thing the judges can give Canelo is a draw, you know there's no way he won that fight. So that side of things goes on everywhere.

The problem is that people only look at bad scoring when the fights go to a decision. If people look at scorecards before fights have been won by knockout, you'll see that many fights are extremely badly scored and certain fighters were never going to lose on points, but they seem to get ignored.
          Again, I think take crowd could be a factor there for the scoring. Or at least part of it. UK or at least a lot of these Matchroom cards have good crowds for the main event fighter or just a local favorite, and they erupt anytime they throw something, regardless if it lands or not.

Like I said, it is hard to get fair shakes anywhere, but a bit harder in the UK IMO. Despite the robberies stateside, the away fighter will still be able to take the belt from the hometown guy more than say in the UK.

But that is what it is. A bigger problem is the reffing. It's just bad. It's like Kenny Bayless in Floyd vs Maidana II type of bad, even worse. And it happens far too often. The quick stoppages is another thing to worry about.

So yeah, I'd say the reffing is a bigger problem than the scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
            The problem here is that they are ex British boxers who know the British boxers which does lead to bias... simply because many are friends...
            Agree except Barry McGuigan seems sensible to be.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
              Agreed. Does Adam Smith come up with the broadcasting team or is it someone else? Obviously being linked to Matchroom they will have their fighters, but you may want fighters who have retired for some time or don't have the same connection to Hearn. They at times make Watt look competent and we know how bad he was towards the end of his tenure. Watched so many fights on youtube with Ian Darke commentating, and man was he bloody goooood (Prince Naseem voice).

Comment

**** Sky.

That is all.

Comment

Tony Bellew made me especially want to blow my brains out.

Had Parker winning 114-111 btw.

Comment

I mean there are hometown advantages pretty much anywhere, and there have been bad scores/robberies in the states against the away fighter as well. But per fight, I do agree it is tougher to get an away decision or fair shake in the UK. That could be simply due to the crowd and incompetent refs. EVERYONE knows Lewis is one of the, if not the WORST ref in the UK and yet he keeps getting these big fight assignments. You could argue Parker's camp should have know better and objected that choice and had them pick someone else.
                    Yeah for sure

Boxing is a crooked sport and every area / territory has their fair share of BS shenanigans that will favour the home fighter

But by and large UK is the worst for foreign fighters IMO, It’s a cluster f.uck tornado that combines the worst of HBO commentary, Texas Judges and Washington Refs all swirled together in a Union Jack to make it almost impossible for a foreign fighter to fight on a level playing field

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                      Yeah for sure

Boxing is a crooked sport and every area / territory has their fair share of BS shenanigans that will favour the home fighter

But by and large UK is the worst for foreign fighters IMO, It’s a cluster f.uck tornado that combines the worst of HBO commentary, Texas Judges and Washington Refs all swirled together in a Union Jack to make it almost impossible for a foreign fighter to fight on a level playing field
                      The foreign fighter's team needs to be on top of things and make sure they get better refs. Forget the judges, a lot of times the refs are the determining factor. Parker's team looks abysmal so I blame them for allowing Lewis to be the ref tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X