Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is currently accused of ducking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The term 'ducking' gets thrown around very loosely around here.

I don't like technicalities, but for the sake of clarity people need to incorperate using the word 'avoiding' into their vocabulary. This will save the word duck when it's blatantly obvious. For example: not fighting their mandatory challenger.

I wouldn't say Alvarez is ducking the dangerous jr mw's, but you can say he is avoiding them.
    On the other hand, it's fair to say that he ducked Golovkin (if u can't accept that your beyond help).

Brook is trying to avoid Spence, but it looks like if he has no other option, he won't duck Spence.

For me, avoiding is still in the spirit of prize fighting (possibly getting a bigger payday), whereas ducking is a detriment to the business/sport and should be considered a loss on fighters record (unofficially, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
      Do you follow boxing? Dillian Whyte is on the run from that rematch. Andre Ward would rather retire than fight Sergey Kovalev a second time.
      Yeah, this is boxing anything can happen..The last person Whyte fought was Chisora, the last person Ward fought was Kov...both less than 6 months ago, so yeah awful list.

Comment

Canelo's tweet to GGG:

"The little man don't wanna come to me, then I'll come to you people and lay out the truth. I am ranked #1. 1! That means I'm the best. But this bum been takin' the easy matches. Fightin' other bums. I'm telling you and everybody here. I'll fight him anywhere, anytime, for nothin! You see, he don't fight no real man. He fight them setups."

GGG is the biggest duck of all time

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          well what ive seen on nsb is that... golovkin is ducking lara, kigali told me ortiz is ducking wilder ('his old ass dont want that work'), dont know if brooks still considered to be ducking vargas which is why i got told he fought golovkin but he might still be, seen a few saying that kovalevs ducking stevenson. Oh and how can i forget tyson fury ducking wladimir in the rematch too, thats why he retired cause he was scared.
          Then why can't he give him the rematch then? oh wait.. sniff..

Comment

What bunch of duckers. A regular duck farm. Fighters don't get to pick their own opponents anymore. They have to fight who some fan thinks they should or they are ducking. For instance Haye supposedly ducking Briggs. What boxer has Briggs defeated in the last 4 years that would make a fighter of Haye's quality duck him. I remember when Mayweather was fighting. If he wasn't fighting about 6 different boxers on the same night he would always get accused of ducking 5 of them. Because of boxing politics and network and promoter feuds fights are much harder to make these days. Most boxers only get two fights a year. No boxer can fight all the different fighters fans want them to fight right away the way things are. No doubt there is some real ducking going on but many boxers get accused of ducking when it isn't true.

Comment

S.O.G. vs Kal-El, Who's the Undisputed Champion?

Light Heavyweight
              Sergey Kovalev is ducking Adonis Stevenson
              Andre Ward is ducking Adonis Stevenson

How come none of these 2 guys wants to become Undisputed Champion while Stevenson still hold the lineal WBC belt. Kovalev came with a thousand excuses to blind fans. And on the other hand Ward says Stevenson must ask Al to come out and play, after that he says Stevenson had opportunities "Why now", and lately he says fighting Cleverly or Badou Jack would be great, but again in different preaching words he says, fighting for the Undisputed title is a step back-Ward.
              Ward was using his preachers skills in his last UK interview; Ward does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar; a fake preacher.
              Ward doesn't want to loose, Stevenson is a real threat for him or Kovalev, but team Kovalev did their trashing so well, that sheeps followed his russian tongue.
              Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls.
              If you're not a sheep, you will understand that video:

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                What bunch of duckers. A regular duck farm. Fighters don't get to pick their own opponents anymore. They have to fight who some fan thinks they should or they are ducking. For instance Haye supposedly ducking Briggs. What boxer has Briggs defeated in the last 4 years that would make a fighter of Haye's quality duck him. I remember when Mayweather was fighting. If he wasn't fighting about 6 different boxers on the same night he would always get accused of ducking 5 of them. Because of boxing politics and network and promoter feuds fights are much harder to make these days. Most boxers only get two fights a year. No boxer can fight all the different fighters fans want them to fight right away the way things are. No doubt there is some real ducking going on but many boxers get accused of ducking when it isn't true.
                Haye is on camera saying he would fight Briggs if he fought on his undercard and won. Briggs did and Haye didn't honor that, it's a duck.

Comment

Ehh list.

How is Jack ducking DeGale? He arguably should've won the first matchup. Not his fault he grew.

Comment

Working...
                  X