Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez Stays With Lewkowicz, Returns Top Rank Funds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't favor one promotion or stable over another, don't really look to see if something is Golden Boy, Top Rank, PBC or K2 or whatever. Only really care about seeing entertaining and compelling fights at any level.

It does seem like PBC fighters fight less frequently but I'm not sure that's Hayman. I'm pretty sure GRJ fights once a year because that's all he wants or his body can handle. Being from the DMV and following him since he was an amateur, he's always seemed to be injured and has had other motivations in life.

I do notice there are alot less PBC cards televised compared to when they first came on like ganngbusters. I miss the days when I could watch a PBC event on Tuesday on CBS sports, a PBC event on Wednesday on Spike and a PBC event on FS1 on Thursday then a PBC event on Showtime Saturday night. More televised boxing makes me happy.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I wish I could punch everyone through my computer screen at my leisure who keeps acting like leaving PBC is leaving Haymon.

No one is leaving Haymon. Let me say that again. NO ONE IS LEAVING HAYMON.

Haymon is the mfing man. PBC sucks ass doe.

You can leave a bs platform like PBC that you got a handshake agreement to fight under pretty f#cking easy. You can't leave a manager as easily, but why would you leave the best manager in the game any damn way. That'd be kinda dumb.

Makes me feel for the family & loved ones of boxing fans who don't get this simply aspect of being with Haymon 3 years into this PBC venture & Haymon's mass pickup of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      I don't favor one promotion or stable over another, don't really look to see if something is Golden Boy, Top Rank, PBC or K2 or whatever. Only really care about seeing entertaining and compelling fights at any level.

(...)
      ... stating the obvious for a boxing fan...

(David Benavidez is still a kid anyway...)

Comment

Nice W for Sampson.

Benavidez loses out on the July 28th fight and doesn't look great coming out of this. He young doe and entertaining fighter, should be a good learning experience for him.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
          Good on Sampson for fighting for what is rightfully his.

Hopefully he goes hard at Keane and sues his pants off.

Meanwhile, nice to see Top Rank take the L and continue having Zurdo and the rest of their stable feed on bums!
          Spoken like a true new,age boxing 'fan' haha. Happy that a good fight got scrapped because you dont like a certain promoter. WOW

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
            Spoken like a true new,age boxing 'fan' haha. Happy that a good fight got scrapped because you dont like a certain promoter. WOW
            Do you really think arum would have made benavidez zurdo right away? He's the king of marination. That fight wouldn't have happened til the end of their contracts.

Comment

Good. FUCK Top Skank!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... stating the obvious for a boxing fan...

(David Benavidez is still a kid anyway...)
                You're a 100% right, unfortunately what's obvious for boxing fans isn't always obvious to some of the cats that root for promoters on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Am actually surprised. i thought Arum had a good case to mess with this guys contract. I guess he has really gone senile finally now.
                  He tried to strong arm him. You sign him. Give him a signing bonus. When his promoter says he's still under contract you throw money at his promoter to make him go away. It works with smaller promoters. Surprised he tried this with Sampson

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                    Do you really think arum would have made benavidez zurdo right away? He's the king of marination. That fight wouldn't have happened til the end of their contracts.
                    king of marination? Thefookin ww's that signed with pbc 4 yrs ago have done nothing to clearify who is even the king at ww lol. Even though they under saMe banner. Loma been fighting all sorts of fighters under other promotions, as has crawford etc. So the whole 'marination' thing is a mindless myth that gets blindly thrown around by ppl who have no idea what boxing business or promotion, management actually is but seem to cling to one promotion or network and try and trash any others by repeating statements they believe sound right to them. Its google, and inquiring minds that learn these kinda things. I just want exciting and common sense style of fights and ill either watch through my espn plus app, my showtime app or hbo if they ever get back into it. Not saying these bad things of you specifically, but most ppl on this site and other sites

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                      Arum attempted to steal a fighter that Sampson not only found but groomed.

You are the new age boxing fan thinking **** like that flies.

Even if Arum had the whole SMW division in his pocket, Zurdo will still keep fighting bums!

Comment

Working...
                      X