Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson: Deontay Wilder Could Beat Me? I Don't Think So!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
    Totally off topic, I like your avy. Frank Frazetta is one of my favorite artists.
    Clearly you are no fool. And have amazing taste.
    Check out my profile picture too.

Comment

Wilder would be a huge obstacle for Mike due to the fact Wilder has speed, fight ending one punch power, stamina, solid jab, awkward angles, huge reach, foot speed and athletic!

Let's not also mention when he smells blood it seems almost impossible for him to not finish you due to the fact he throws punches in bunches in crazy angles at swift speed non-stop!

But if there's anyone who can take the momentous challenge of a man with lots of attributes it's Iron Mike himself!

Mike's technique, head movement, compact shots and ability to slip and counter jabs or right hands with left hooks can't be overlooked!

One things for sure, it would be a great fight and would definitely be for your money's worth!

Comment

Originally posted by Geralt69 View Post
        Clearly you are no fool. And have amazing taste.
        Check out my profile picture too.
        I have two books of his actual collections. My favorite is Wolf Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Shyt View Post
          This was pointless.. every boxer's early resume looks like this
          Of course you will say that. You can look at all the fighters he fought and their records too. If Wilder is a bum beater, Tyson is even worse. That's exactly my point - not this 'world' beater that he is made out to me. I know facts and the truth hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Geralt69 View Post
            I would favour Wilder.

Tyson didn't like guys who knew how to use their height and reach.

Wilder has more heart.
            Once Tyson felt he couldn't win, It was game over

There is no blueprint to beat Wilder. We know how Tyson can be beaten.

Wilder seems the bigger puncher of the two...
            We know how a unmotivated Tyson could be beaten

Nobody ever beat peak Tyson

Originally posted by Science View Post
            The best fighter Mike Tyson beat was Razor Ruddock...He lost to Buster Douglas when he wasnt even 25....

Of course Weilder has a shot, and I would favor him. Tyson was a midget with no cardio and lost interest in the fight if he didn't knock you out in 3 rounds
            He lost to Buster Douglass after spending the whole night before doing blow and banging whores with Bobby Brown

And Cus/Kevin Rooney's Tyson had good cardio.

He stopped training in the Don King era

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Tyson is overrated in the sense that some think he would destroy any heavyweight in history. I watched Mike from before he became champ, all through his prime and the aftermath. The man, at his very pinnacle, could arguably beat any heavyweight that ever walked the face of the earth. Believe that. But he obviously wasn’t invincible. No one is.
            THIS

Comment

Reserve my opinion

I want to see how he handles a punch squarely from Ortiz and Joshua if they fight to offer an opinion if Wilder can beat Tyson. Notice Wilder said the 1986 Tyson, that was the one walking through opponents like Lennox said, trying to really hurt people. He didn’t lose to Douglas until 1990.
              Last edited by markther; 02-22-2018, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                The early fights you listed, and you could have added quite a few more, were when Tyson was a TEENAGER (fact).

Tyson went on the unify the division by age 22, at about the same age that Wilder had his first fight (fact).

So comparing the two early records doesn't quite work - Tyson was fighting best-in-division at the same age Wilder started fighting (fact)

Wilder is now 32, and by that age Tyson was hugely diminished and biting ears off (fact). In fact, by age 24 Tyson was already greatly diminished - just look at the state he was in when he arrived in Tokyo for Douglas.

So which Tyson do you want in the mythical match-up ? Peak Tyson (probably the 22 year-old one) vs Peak Wilder (presumably now) ?

Peak Tyson features in mythical match-ups with the likes of peak Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Norton. Now we're adding Peak Wilder ?
                The facts you stated support my point exactly. Wilder is called a bum beater but Tyson fought people with pathetic records also as Wilder did. So, which is which?

Tyson was 24 when he lost to Douglas (5 years after he turned professional. Was he suddenly out of his prime? Also, the folks he fought and their records till he became champion and afterwards are comparable to Wilder. Yet Wilder is the bum beater. You guys cannot eat your cake and have it.

The 4 guys he had a UD with before losing to Douglas were tall and long guys - they are still shorter than Wilder and of shorter reach too. Those are the facts. Or are we now saying that all these guys that Tyson fought were world beaters, taller and of greater reach - that's why he struggled to a unanimous decision? Which is which?

Explanation must follow logic and be substantiated by facts, not excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                  We know how a unmotivated Tyson could be beaten

He lost to Buster Douglass after spending the whole night before doing blow and banging whores with Bobby Brown

And Cus/Kevin Rooney's Tyson had good cardio.

He stopped training in the Don King era

THIS
                  Isn't it so nice for you guys to always make excuses for why Mike Tyson lost? Tyson was always doing blows and hookers. How come it was in this fight now that he lost?

Is it outside the realm of reality that maybe doing blows and banging hookers may have helped Tyson more than it hurt him?

Also, whose fault was it that he was doing blows and banging hookers?

The only fact that matters here is that he lost (which is not a big deal - boxers lose and it's not the end of the world). The other fact of importance is that he struggled with tall guys who had long reach and could use it.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                    I have two books of his actual collections. My favorite is Wolf Mother.
                    I just looked it up that is one hell of an album cover!
                    I couldn't pick a favourite of his stuff...

The one I wanted to use as my avi would probably get me banned... :boobies:
                    haha

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

He was certainly special In his peak.
                      Wilders career ain't over yet doe...

Comment

Working...
                      X