Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big of a shock would Price beating Povetkin be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
    This would be a Buster Douglas type shock, in fact, i would go as far as saying the biggest boxing shock of all time.

It's not far fetched that Price will land something big on Povetkin in the first round or 2 but if it doesn't put him away then Price will take a beating for a few rounds then gas out! I hope i'm wrong and Price springs the upset but i just cannot see it
    You think Povetkin beating Price would be the biggest upset of all time? Seriously??

Comment

BIG surprise but since the fight is between nobodies, does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        BIG surprise but since the fight is between nobodies, does it matter?
        Be a nice story at least. Gentle giant who has had been unmercifully KO'd 4 times now comes good against a cheat.

It'd probably earn Price a few quid down the line.

Comment

Povetkin is half the fighter he was when on meldonium.
          I'm half tempted to put money on him in hope of the hail Mary shot

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
            Povetkin is half the fighter he was when on meldonium.
            I'm half tempted to put money on him in hope of the hail Mary shot
            Exactly what I'm thinking and there was a hell of a lot more going on than meldonium.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              You think Povetkin beating Price would be the biggest upset of all time? Seriously??
              No my friend, the opposite way around, if Price somehow manages to pull it out the bag against Povetkin, then that, in my eyes, would be up there with the biggest shocks of all time!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Be a nice story at least. Gentle giant who has had been unmercifully KO'd 4 times now comes good against a cheat.

It'd probably earn Price a few quid down the line.
                Yeah I agree, the win itself gets Price back in the frame and probably a final big payday before he goes away.

But I mean, if a tree falls in the forest and there's no one to hear ...

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
                  No my friend, the opposite way around, if Price somehow manages to pull it out the bag against Povetkin, then that, in my eyes, would be up there with the biggest shocks of all time!
                  hahaha that's what I meant to say. Just misplaced the names

But still a surprise to me, so many big upsets come to mind. While Price beating Povetkin would be a huge KO, theres still to many factors like Povetkin's age which wouldn't put it on the same level as a Douglas/Tyson or a Spinks/Ali

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Yeah I agree, the win itself gets Price back in the frame and probably a final big payday before he goes away.

But I mean, if a tree falls in the forest and there's no one to hear ...
                    I hope that is literally the case when he enters the ring.

If Dave has to enter the ring in front of 80,000 he might gas during the ring walk

Comment

I wouldnt even be surprised considering povetkin’s current state.
                      This fight isnt a mismatch

Comment

Working...
                      X