Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather insists no-one will break his 300 million dollar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thing is, nobody cares and its not really important.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post

Regardless of what you think of Floyd Mayweather's skills as a boxer, no one can dispute the fact that he is the greatest marketer of all time. Floyd made $300 million in one fight because he is the greatest marketer in professional sports history.

Floyd did not make that $300 million in one night as a result of five years of hype regarding the Pacquaio fight. He made that money as a result of an 18-year career of marketing and performance in the ring. No other boxer is willing to do what Mayweather did to get to the top, so therefore, no other boxer will ever come close to breaking this record.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
        Thing is, nobody cares and its not really important.
        Everyone cares, including you, and it is important!

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          No chance in hell. No matter how big he gets, I'd honestly be surprised if he ever makes 10% of that for one fight.

$300m is an incredible amount of money in general, never mind for a single fight. I doubt we would ever see that again in our lifetime. Manny and Floyd are two actual all time greats that will go down as 2 of the best ever, plus there were many other factors involved in regards to it drawing so much money.

Joshua would need a hell of a run to the point of people thinking he's one of the greatest heavyweights ever, and then another guy would have to come along with huge amount of hype that has huge amount of appeal that crosses over into the mainstream. Even if all that happened, i'd seriously doubt it makes that amount of money.

It was a one-off.
          There would have to be some significantly better competition in the heavyweight division than there is now for Joshua to finish his career as one of the top 10 heavyweights of all time.

Larry Holmes is one of the greatest heavyweights to ever lace up the gloves. However, he fought during a weak era of heavyweight boxing, so he is not regarded as highly as he would be if he had fought in a different era. The same applies to Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnbiased View Post
            That does not include haymens fee , trainers fee , doctors fee,, usada fee , nsac fee , entourage fee , p.i. fee to stock pac , referee fee , judges fee , governments fee , event fee . Truth of the matter is that is nothing more than a number he threw out there after the fight he was waving around a 100m check . The guy broke records great fighter but a massive liar plus PED cheat
            So you are saying that, after taxes and expenses, Floyd only walked away with $100 million! How much do you think Pacquaio walked away with after Arum took his 27 percent off the top and Pacquaio paid his other expenses? How many boxers have waived around a $100 million check after a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
              So you are saying that, after taxes and expenses, Floyd only walked away with $100 million! How much do you think Pacquaio walked away with after Arum took his 27 percent off the top and Pacquaio paid his other expenses? How many boxers have waived around a $100 million check after a fight?
              I really can't find a reason to care what pac took home that's his business it has nothing to do with the sport. There is a video of mayweather waving around a check telling the camera man something like " do you want to see what a 100m check looks like". Being a liar doesn't take away what he did in the ring @ 130 135 still a ATG

Comment

Originally posted by !VIVA MEXICO! View Post
                never say never

could be if he has a rival but that doesnt look liek it right now but 10 years from now? 15 years from now anything can happen and hope so.
                Yeah. That's it. Time. Time, Talent, how things break. The "world history".
                Everything could be quite right now.

Comment

big_james10 gives nice replies I Noticed! But.....the comment about the HVY.-wt. div.//I'm not certain how deep it is at the minute.....BUT, I think things are currently moving well and the HVY.-wt. division (the single most important weight of Boxing......) is looking "good" right now.
                  My seven names that matter, are: (no order given) FURY WILDER POVETKIN WLAD.K. JUSHUA HAYE PARKER. The gatekeeper on outside looking in, -one name- BROWNE.

I don't have Ortiz "the rage" yet...see him as SHADOW only..so far anyhow!

Comment

He is actually right! Boxing is a sport that seems to be losing fans more so than gaining it so yes it is going to be very hard for that next Boxing Star to have the success that Mayweather and Pacquiao had

A MMA guy will have a better chance than a Boxer!

Comment

Why is it that Mayweather talks publicly about his money all the ****ing time. Have some class. You don't hear Bill Gates bragging about his money and he's got a lot more than Floyd.

Just an all around unlikable person.

Comment

Working...
                      X