No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather insists no-one will break his 300 million dollar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    He is actually right! Boxing is a sport that seems to be losing fans more so than gaining it so yes it is going to be very hard for that next Boxing Star to have the success that Mayweather and Pacquiao had

A MMA guy will have a better chance than a Boxer!
    Lol cherry picking legacy and running a marathon event in the biggest fight of his life ruined boxing..

Hence, losing fans.

Comment

Does it really matter whether it's $300 mil....seems morally wrong when you've got kids walking 40 miles day just for semi clean drinking water or a bowl of food a day ..this also applies to pacquaio as well......but it's only paper and we all get buried in the same size hole at the end of the day ...If I'm paying to watch fights i would rather have great fights for lesser money and than have appalling fights for more money .... I think we all agree on that.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        Everyone cares, including you, and it is important!
        It's not important and people don't give a f@ck about that kind of thing...yeah every where I go whether it's the cinema , shopping centre .supermarket there all whispering yeah floyd made 300 mill in his last fight that's amazing isn't it ...GTFOH ... What people really care about is finding a cure for cancer or if they can put food on there table....the mayweather vs pacquaio fight done more harm to boxing than you can imagine and that's why PPV numbers are drastically down and people are turning away from the sport ...wow that's something to be proud of isnt it making 300 mill but also ruining boxing at the same time..great init

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          There will be someone bigger than Floyd there always is, Ali-Tyson-De La Hoya-Floyd-???
          That's true but in this case you need 2 guys to surpass that money...we saw what Floyd would do vs guys like Guerrero,Ortiz,Maidiana,Berto...then he fights Canelo and Manny and breaks the bank.

I can't see any fight in boxing doing a million PPV except Canelo-GGG right now..
          Joshua-Fury in the UK would be huge and maybe Joshua-Wilder in a year or two if both stay unbeaten but Wilder has no traction in the USA at all considering his record and KO style.

Comment

I think Wilder has the opportunity but he has a long way to go. People have been a saying boxing is dead for many years even with Mayweather making $300M.

Comment

Someone will for sure break it sooner or later. In 25 years $1,000,000/hr will be minimum wage at Burger King, who knows what boxers will be making in 2041.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                There will be someone bigger than Floyd there always is, Ali-Tyson-De La Hoya-Floyd-???
                Pretty much man...big names come and go around, eventually someone will be bigger than Floyd down the line it is just the way the sport evolves.

Each era and generation has a figurehead, maybe two, and some are bigger than others as each generation passes...At some point boxing will have someone that is bigger than ones that came before.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  A MMA guy will have a better chance than a Boxer!
                  Yea as nutty as it may sound to some I think an MMA guy has a solid shot at doing the next $100M fight or $300M+ Floyd caliber payday.

The UFC has got reins on fighter pay right now, but that is slowly & surely changing. Once there is a UFC fighters union (& there has gotta be, right?) or there is some Muhammad Ali Act of MMA (which is getting close to be in the pipeline) things will be altered in a way that will allow for things to become more like boxing.

I don't know if I feel like a MMA guy has a better shot than a boxer right now cuz there are still a ton of hurdles to clear to make this happen in MMA. I mean I don't think I've heard of THAT many guys making $6M+ with PPV $ yet in MMA (GSP, Conor, Silva?...???) so there is a long way to go still. But they got a slid chance once things change in the UFC & to a lesser extent MMA.

Comment

Working...
                  X