Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Sergio Martinez at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergio Martinez??? The same Martinez that was whopped by Macklin and Murray??? The same Martinez who was dropped three times in one round against Cotto??? The same Martinez who got utterly destroyed by Margarito??? The same Martinez who was dropped 8 times??? Against the same Mayweather who made Canelo look like an amatuer??? The same Mayweather who beat the **** out of Cotto??? give me a ****ing break, any decent fighter destroys Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      Floyd has no business at 160 man..the guy never even came in at 154
      Martinez was not really a big 160lb fighter either ... He challenged himself by going up to 160.

Martinez had had CWs lower than 160 and fought at 147 and 154 previously.

Floyd would have made sure that that fight was not at 160 but at 154 or perhaps even 152 or 150 ....

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        I think people still have the image of a retired Mayweather fighting McGregor on their minds. I believe just like I believed when people brought this fight up when Martinez was active that Mayweather would beat him easily. Martinez struggled with fighters he had no business struggling with. He KOd a Paul Williams that was wide open for that shot. Mayweather is another level and Martinez was not.
        Sergio Martinez was a top P4P fighter back then and called out Floyd to fight him at a weight that Floyd had fought BEFORE, DURING and AFTER. Floyd didn't want the fight. Floyd knows why.

BTW - Martinez was not a big 160 fighter and it showed in some of his fights.
        Floyd struggled with some fighters at lower divisions where others have not with the same fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          Sergio Martinez was a top P4P fighter back then and called out Floyd to fight him at a weight that Floyd had fought BEFORE, DURING and AFTER. Floyd didn't want the fight. Floyd knows why.

BTW - Martinez was not a big 160 fighter and it showed in some of his fights.
          Floyd struggled with some fighters at lower divisions where others have not with the same fighters.

Please tell me why? Let me guess, he was scared.

There was no incentive to fight Martinez but I'm guessing you will stick with he was scared. I agree, he wasn't too big.

Comment

Martinez via ko

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
              Could Floyd had beaten Sergio if he went up to MW during Sergio's Peak? I actually think it would have been extremely competitive but Floyd loses a SD type fight.
              Well Conor was 170 and Floyd was 150 and washed and didnt train. But he was way stronger than Conor. At 154, I have Floyd winning in a mismatch, with Martinez coming in at 170.

Comment

Floyd would have made sure that that fight was not at 160 but at 154 or perhaps even 152 or 150 ....

Did you ever admit to yourself that Pacquiao said he would fight Sergio at 150 and then when Sergio took the bait, Pac backed down?

Did they both duck Sergio, or did just Floyd? You never gave a clear answer.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  Please tell me why? Let me guess, he was scared.

There was no incentive to fight Martinez but I'm guessing you will stick with he was scared. I agree, he wasn't too big.
                  So now there needs to be an incentive to fight Martinez yet Floyd cherry picks another Argentinian name Maidana? What was the incentive there? Fights Berto? Incentive was what again?

Well, I kinda said it. Incentive is to cherry pick and win while removing any chance of a loss by crying and getting his way with gloves, refs, .....!

At least you agreed on Martinez's size was relatively smaller compared to other 160 fighters.

The incentive is that Floyd fights a top P4P fighter at the top of his game and where Floyd would not have the advantage that he has against fighters such as Guerrero, Ortiz, Berto, ..... and people would have given him credit for a very good win! How is that for an incentive?

BTW - If word gets out that Floyd was fighting a very risky opponent, that would bring in the fans .... that is another incentive.

Last edited by ADP02; 09-30-2017, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                    Did you ever admit to yourself that Pacquiao said he would fight Sergio at 150 and then when Sergio took the bait, Pac backed down?

Did they both duck Sergio, or did just Floyd? You never gave a clear answer.
                    Manny fought once at 150 and during his training camp said he is not going above 147 anymore.

I also gave you a video of what Manny thinks about going above 147 .... Manny said these guys are too big.

Floyd fought at 154 BEFORE, DURING and AFTER being called out by Martinez.

Therefore Floyd definitely ducked. Manny didn't duck because he never went back up to those higher divisions after he tried once and said he wouldn't do it again.

I gave you plenty for you to understand .... If you do not see the difference, I cannot help you!!! You need to figure it out on your own.

Last edited by ADP02; 09-30-2017, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Manny fought once at 150 and during his training camp said he is not going above 150 anymore.

I also gave you a video of what Manny thinks about going above 147 .... Manny said these guys are too big.

Floyd fought at 154 BEFORE, DURING and AFTER being called out by Martinez.

Therefore Floyd definitely ducked. Manny didn't duck because he never went back up to those higher divisions after he tried once and said he wouldn't do it again.

I gave you plenty for you to understand .... If you do not see the difference, I cannot help you!!! You need to figure it out on your own.

You are ducking hard. Your position is invalid because AT THE TIME THE FIGHT WAS BEING DISCUSSED...MANNY SAID THAT HE WOULD FIGHT SERGIO AT 150.

DID HE SAY THAT OR DID HE NOT?

Martinez said of Pacquaio:

"He always said 150, and I respect his position, because he is a little fighter even at 150. But it's going to play to his advantage because I'll be almost ten kilos lighter in my body. "

So did Pacquiao duck him or not???????
                      Last edited by travestyny; 09-30-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X