• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean pad work

Comment

very very nice
      not a huge fan of catching leg kicks with thai pads
      otherwise, both clips look very much the way I hold.

Comment

I liked that Master Ace pad training. Palma, always representin' Muay Thai, hell yeah. What's your gym?

Comment

Originally posted by May 02, 2009 View Post
          I liked that Master Ace pad training. Palma, always representin' Muay Thai, hell yeah. What's your gym?
          Thanks man, the sports been good to me and I am so happy that it is now being accepted by the masses (thanks to MMA). I have been training since i was a young teen (37 now). I am over at Black Tiger Boxe Thai, LA Boxing and Poway Boxing Club.

Comment

As for me, I'm out of sitVongPhet in San Antonio.
            Here's the website but it's a little out of date.

Wife and I are planning a trip to Thailand next year and I'm thinking of staying at Sinbi Taewoong's camp in Phuket for a couple weeks - my buddy from Virginia goes every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Palma View Post
              Thanks man, the sports been good to me and I am so happy that it is now being accepted by the masses (thanks to MMA). I have been training since i was a young teen (37 now). I am over at Black Tiger Boxe Thai, LA Boxing and Poway Boxing Club.
              I've heard of Black Tiger, if I'm not mistaken it's suppose to be the oldest Muay Thai gym in San Diego, is that correct? Alot of the trainers in SD were also students of Black Tiger.

The problem with a majority of Muay Thai gyms in the USA is that they've almost forgotten the heavybag, everything revolves around pad work. That's nice if the students are already in advance level, but, I think the trainers really need to get back to basics.

That padwork video, was that from Black Tiger, or just some random video you came across?
              Last edited by We want Floyd; 03-15-2009, 10:28 PM.

Comment

I've heard of Black Tiger, if I'm not mistaken it's suppose to be the oldest Muay Thai gym in San Diego, is that correct? Alot of the trainers in SD were also students of Black Tiger.

The problem with a majority of Muay Thai gyms in the USA is that they've almost forgotten the heavy bag, everything revolves around pad work. That's nice if the students are already in advance level, but, I think the trainers really need to get back to basics.

That padwork video, was that from Black Tiger, or just some random video you came across?
                Yes, Black Tiger is where it all started for a lot of us here in San Diego. Vince "Black Tiger" Soberano was that man back then. He was the owner of Black Tiger Boxe Thai. Vince is now in China and has opened Black Tiger Beijing (http://blacktigerclub.com/main/index.php).

The pad work (1st video) I just found on the net. The second (video of young woman and child getting pad work) is from my friend Bradley Goldberg over in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Palma View Post
                  Yes, Black Tiger is where it all started for a lot of us here in San Diego. Vince "Black Tiger" Soberano was that man back then. He was the owner of Black Tiger Boxe Thai. Vince is now in China and has opened Black Tiger Beijing (http://blacktigerclub.com/main/index.php).

The pad work (1st video) I just found on the net. The second (video of young woman and child getting pad work) is from my friend Bradley Goldberg over in the UK.
                  What's the price range for memberships at Black Tiger in SD?

Comment

What's the price range for memberships at Black Tiger in SD?
                    $100 per month

Comment

Working...
                    X