No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs Finalized For May 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Underdog or not, Jacobs is all of 31, an easy 6' tall, can box his ass off, is a nasty switch hitter, with pop in both hands. Make the mistake of writing him off if you want.

Jacobs is getting a Canelo fight (that no one was expecting him to actually get), and it's costing him three fights (two of which would likely be against Canelo, were he to win May 4th). Hearn could maybe try and dangle Canelo again for the next deal, but that wears thin.

Weighed with the choice of fighting Demetrius Andrade in front of maybe 150k streams online, or fighting in front of 2m+ viewers on FOX, or a +million viewers on Showtime/CBS, or on PPV after an aggressive mainstream media push, the choice isn't that difficult.
    lmao Jacobs ko’d Quillin, stuck both middle fongners up to the pbc and signed with Hearn and hbo and fought subpar fights against subpar opposition and then resigned with Hearn and signed with DAZN and told PBC f**k u for a second time.

Just admit it U were wrong. U guaranteed Jacobs was going to pbc and not DAZN. Just admit your calculations and figures were 100% wrong again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      How much are you willing to bet on the WBC bypassing their due mandatory again for a third Golovkin fight?

Since you lost your nerve at $1000, how about $100?
      u still owe me 10gs for Jacobs not signing with pbc. How u gonna wanna bet again? Lmao

Comment

• hey, how come you guys aren't following the new rules..... ?

Canelo, is now known as..... Studnelo

and Golovkin, is now known as..... Shamekin

where can I post this, so nobody will forget..... ?

also, everybody must dye their hair red for the Jacobs fight, k

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          I would not bet a dollar on that

Golovkin talked about being undisputed for about 12 years lol

it would not surprise me if Canelo achieved that feat within the next 12 months

Canelo (and Ward) are funnily, exactly what fans thought Golovkin would be..... which is hilarious
          Can Canelo beat Jacobs? This is a tougher fight than Golovkin IMO. Jacobs has a few more dimensions. Canelo won't be able to just whoop his ass mexican style like he did to GGG in that second fight. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he deals with the speed and movement from a more well rounded bigger fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            How long has Andrade had the WBO title now, crybaby? 3 months?
            Looks like BJ Saunders will be taking that belt back. He has the stones to step up and fight Canelo luckily! Lets hope Andrade doesn't pull out the old "I got hurt in camp" card to try and clutch to the belt longer
            Last edited by Boxing lives; 01-22-2019, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Andrade and BJS styles probably make them a more difficult fight, but Danny on his A game is very dangerous.

Before GGG fought Jacobs I always had it in my mind that Canelo does not do too well against him, even if he beats GGG. Jacobs SHOULD abuse his height, weight advantage - something he didn't fully do in the GGG fight.

He was trained by Virgil Hunter too ffs. Too bad Jacobs isn't the A-side or else he'd be able to get a great ref that lets clicnhing go on for minutes at a time. Canelo is smaller than GGG too, and Jacobs was outboxing GGG on a full gas tank.

Could be a great fight, unless something has changed mentally with Jacobs I don't see him winning though. He needs to turn it into a dirty, messy dogfight. He can hit Canelo from range but Canelo will get his timing down eventually.

Grab him. Hold him. Elbow him. Whatever it takes

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                Looks like BJ Saunders will be taking that belt back. He has the stones to step up and fight Canelo luckily! Lets hope Andrade doesn't pull out the old "I got hurt in camp" card to try and clutch to the belt longer
                What is this f@ggot ****?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                  Andrade and BJS styles probably make them a more difficult fight, but Danny on his A game is very dangerous.

Before GGG fought Jacobs I always had it in my mind that Canelo does not do too well against him, even if he beats GGG. Jacobs SHOULD abuse his height, weight advantage - something he didn't fully do in the GGG fight.

He was trained by Virgil Hunter too ffs. Too bad Jacobs isn't the A-side or else he'd be able to get a great ref that lets clicnhing go on for minutes at a time. Canelo is smaller than GGG too, and Jacobs was outboxing GGG on a full gas tank.

Could be a great fight, unless something has changed mentally with Jacobs I don't see him winning though. He needs to turn it into a dirty, messy dogfight. He can hit Canelo from range but Canelo will get his timing down eventually.

Grab him. Hold him. Elbow him. Whatever it takes
                  Well Jacobs won't be able to have that anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris1989 View Post
                    Nelo wants all the smoke..waiting for the haters to say hes ducking charlo
                    By beating GGG's leftovers.... yup he wants that smoke.

Comment

• Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                      Oh wow, everyone is giving props to Canelo for taking this fight.
                      It was a cherrypick when Golovkin was fighting Jacobs.
                      He's got Pirog and Mora problems doe.
                      Hypocrisy at its finest... Who cares Canelo's career is tainted already so it doesn't really matter.

Waited till GGG was old and still needed roids to get a draw. LOLOLOL

If Jacobs some how beats him then it will make Canelo's fluke over GGG even worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X