Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you see Lomanchenko being the next pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you see Lomanchenko being the next pacquiao?

Does Herrera still got enough for Matthyse?
    Raymond Beltran loses against Eastern Mikey and Linares true or false?

Not sure about the others, but I think Lomachenco is MUCH better than pacquiao, just better overall skillset

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      Not sure about the others, but I think Lomachenco is MUCH better than pacquiao, just better overall skillset
      I think he clearly has more skill than pac but Pac had that insane ability to throw hard and fast combinations. Loma seems like he can hit hard as well but he doesen't have the same ability to relentlessly throw hard fast combinations for 12 rounds. Obviously I'm not talking about the current faded Pac.
      Last edited by Evil_Meat; 08-16-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Pacquiao has a lot of personality even with his limited English speaking ability. He was also very humble, almost too much. Pacquiao never came off as a diva. He also paid a lot of dues to make it to the top.

Lomachenko doesn't have the personality like Pacquiao. He doesn't seem humble and he's starting to come off as a diva. He is highly skilled but doesn't have the it factor. Maybe in time but he's a long, long way off.

Comment

Lomachenko is a more refined version of Pacquiao from what I've seen, similar approach and similar on the use of angles and footwork, but Lomachenko is more refined and much more pleasing. He gives the vibe of "Wow, absolute humiliation." But overall his strength, and destruction is far from what Prime Pacquiao did.

While Pacquiao is a much more destructive version. If Lomachenko is a more refined then Pacquiao is a much more destructive version of Loma, everything that Loma does Pacquiao makes it not better but much more stronger and Powerful. Pacquiao back in the lower division gives me to cheer on "Kill, kill, destroy!"

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
            Pacquiao has a lot of personality even with his limited English speaking ability. He was also very humble, almost too much. Pacquiao never came off as a diva. He also paid a lot of dues to make it to the top.

Lomachenko doesn't have the personality like Pacquiao. He doesn't seem humble and he's starting to come off as a diva. He is highly skilled but doesn't have the it factor. Maybe in time but he's a long, long way off.
            It's kinda paralleling how Davis has the similar fighting style of 2001-2008 Pretty Boy Floyd, while Loma has the similar fighting style of 2005-2009 Pacquiao, and thus being compared in their careers.

These two has a long way to go on being even in the conversation of these upper echelon ATG's.

Comment

Lomachenko is a special talent, and he'll definitely accomplish alot in this sport. he's more skilled and versatile than pacquiao was, while pacquiao had more speed, power, and crazy workrate. but its just tough to compare them because they have vastly different styles. i do think he has what it takes to move up through various weights and win numerous titles in different divisions like pac did.

Ray beltran might not be the most skilled fighter but he's a tough s.o.b. and has good power as well. he can definitely give both easter and linares tough fights with his aggression. but both easter and linares are too skilled for him and they would both win decisions over him imo. beltran MIGHT have a better chance against linares because he has a suspect chin and cuts easily

Comment

beltran has that mysterious case of suddenly being prime in his mid 30s. he must have learned from that failed test.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  Much better is a major, major reach. In fact some would say laughable, especially at this point. Pacquiao is an all-timer and one of the most decorated professionals in the HISTORY of the sport.

Lomachenko is fantastic, I'm a big fan, and yes he's technically better than Pacquiao (obviously), and in fact there are very few fighters I've ever seen that present the technical wizardry that Lomachenko presents.

That said, Lomachenko has a fraction of the sheer ferocity that a peak Pacquiao had. A peak Pacquiao was one of the fastest, most ferocious boxers this sport has ever seen.

To just brush that aside and say that Lomachenko, already through 9 or whatever career pro fights, is unquestionably overall better is really disrespectful.

Hell let Lomachenko at least accomplish HALF of what Pacquiao did and then maybe we can start to scratch the surface of this discussion/debate. Until then Pacquiao is worlds f**king better. And like I said, I'm as big of a Lomachenko fan as you'll find on this board.

Comment

Not if he keeps fighting over matched opponents. Yes he only has 10 fights but he's 29 years old and stayed in the amateurs all those extra years to refine his skills. It's insulting to keep comparing Loma to May, Pac and other greats. By 29, May, Pac and others have accomplished way more than I think Loma will his entire career. Loma isn't going to be the same fighter he is now as he ages and moves up in weight and competition.

Comment

Working...
                    X