Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr. Wants NO Excuses From Critics After Golovkin Loses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
    Golovkin is to slow imo i think Eubank Jr and Canelo beat him, possibly even Jacobs but obviously theres a huge chance i'm wrong but as a fighter I don't see anything special about Golovkin
    So if this is true why is everyone ducking him? Why aren't people lined up to fight him? Why are other MW saying later or pricing themselves out?

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
      Sigh... Watch the post fight interviews...

Chris Eubank Jr after the BJS Loss:

"He did what I thought he would do. Came out strong in the early part of the fight, then I started to take over."

(Visibly puffed out) Billy Joe Saunders:

"I knew his plan was to come on to me in the second half of the fight."

Both guys knew the plan that Eubank Jr would have a better chance in the second half of the fight because BJS gasses. Eubank had no chance in the first 6. BJS didn't gas enough for Eubank to get him though LOL. Salty salty salt salt....
      You also have to take into major consideration that fight was Eubank's first major step up. Before the Saunders fight, Eubank was fighting complete no-hopers. Chris wasn't even fighting domestic level fights like O'Sullivan, Ryder, Blackwell types, he was fighting guys with losing records in 8 rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Lol I knew this idiot would pick Eubank. You pick Berto over Ggg, right?
        Let's talk facts bruh. You can research for yourself. But let me tell you who I am.

I'm the guy who called Bradley winning the first Pacquiao fight months in advance.

I'm also the guy who called out exactly how Holly Holm was going to beat Rousey.

I told everyone that Mayweather would decision Pacquiao after a boring fight (due to Manny not showing up).

I called the exact round Victor Ortiz would quit against Berto.

The reason I can be confident about these predictions is one thing: pattern. If a fighter sticks to a pattern, and the opposition can capitalize, the fighter will lose. It's that simple. It's the adaptable fighters who don't lose.

Golovkin has a pattern. He uses the jab to get you to back into the ropes or the corner. Then he measures for power shots. He doesn't need to connect every single one, because even if one's blocked, it knocks you off balance, leaving you wide open for a key shot. We saw this against both Murray and Stevens.

He struggles against a fighter who is heavily active and stays on the move, stays away from the ropes and keeps it in the middle with pivot. This is why Monroe was doing so well initially and Roy Jones has commented on it frequently. You have to attack Golovkin, stay busy and not allow him to get set or he will pick you apart. Given that style, I think the Danny Jacobs that showed up against Quillin beats Golovkin and I'm 100% that Pirog would have beaten G.

Eubank has questionable power, but he's an active puncher, a decent counter puncher and he adapts to the level of his opponent's skill. He's not going to run and he knows he's not in there with a Jeter this time. He's learned that he basically threw the Saunders fight by being inactive the first 6 rounds.

As long as he stays off the ropes and circles with constant activity, he beats Golovkin by decision.

Who did Haye ko with a jab, some guy not in boxrec top 100?
        I was being facetious. But if you want to compare nuts to screws, the point is Haye has a KO off a jab where your guy G does not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          He may be capable of being disciplined if he's not searching for a knockout. The discipline may also come from an increase in the level of respect for his opponent.
          This is probably what Eubank sr is banking on... Discipline due to the level of GGG, Eubank would need to be very discipline in a GGG fight, he can't be seen throwing wildly and trying to take a breather after throwing 10 odd punches.

He can't be too trigger happy, he is fast, younger, fresher but still lack the experience needed on a bigger stage. Having said that I also do think he would push GGG and would try to be as discipline as he needed to be to avoid getting destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Let's talk facts bruh. You can research for yourself. But let me tell you who I am.

I'm the guy who called Bradley winning the first Pacquiao fight months in advance.

I'm also the guy who called out exactly how Holly Holm was going to beat Rousey.

I told everyone that Mayweather would decision Pacquiao after a boring fight (due to Manny not showing up).

I called the exact round Victor Ortiz would quit against Berto.

The reason I can be confident about these predictions is one thing: pattern. If a fighter sticks to a pattern, and the opposition can capitalize, the fighter will lose. It's that simple. It's the adaptable fighters who don't lose.

Golovkin has a pattern. He uses the jab to get you to back into the ropes or the corner. Then he measures for power shots. He doesn't need to connect every single one, because even if one's blocked, it knocks you off balance, leaving you wide open for a key shot. We saw this against both Murray and Stevens.

He struggles against a fighter who is heavily active and stays on the move, stays away from the ropes and keeps it in the middle with pivot. This is why Monroe was doing so well initially and Roy Jones has commented on it frequently. You have to attack Golovkin, stay busy and not allow him to get set or he will pick you apart. Given that style, I think the Danny Jacobs that showed up against Quillin beats Golovkin and I'm 100% that Pirog would have beaten G.

Eubank has questionable power, but he's an active puncher, a decent counter puncher and he adapts to the level of his opponent's skill. He's not going to run and he knows he's not in there with a Jeter this time. He's learned that he basically threw the Saunders fight by being inactive the first 6 rounds.

As long as he stays off the ropes and circles with constant activity, he beats Golovkin by decision.

I was being facetious. But if you want to compare nuts to screws, the point is Haye has a KO off a jab where your guy G does not.
            But Bradley lost to PAC pretty bad. Did you also predict PWill beating Lara, and Rios beating Abril?

Eubank is gonna be a major underdog. If you re so sure, come back with a betting slip. But who are you kidding, I've read a few of your posts, you're extremely clueless

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              By the way he fights, Eubank must think that the best defense is a good offense. When he gets hit he tends to get fierce, pressures, and tries to get off first. He has shown some defensive, counter-punching efforts but that very thing is what lost him the first 5rds against Saunders.

Chris sucks at countering but ggg has a tendency to pause when he gets hit (does it in almost every fight and fans pretend he's "letting them get in punches"). I suspect Chris will use his pressuring ability to capitalize on that. Problem is, he's so wide, sloppy, and open to counters that ggg is bound to catch him at some point.
              I guess we agree then... this is a long shot for him.

Comment

But Bradley lost to PAC pretty bad. Did you also predict PWill beating Lara, and Rios beating Abril?
                What does the history books say about the first Pacquiao/Bradley fight?

Let me remind you since you clearly forgot. Man up and admit which of these you were. You were the dude on the couch huh?

Eubank is gonna be a major underdog. If you re so sure, come back with a betting slip. But who are you kidding, I've read a few of your posts, you're extremely clueless
                Don't gamble dude. Just mark the post and come back after the fight. Don't be a punk like the ones who attacked me when I predicted Holm KO'ing Rousey and then disappeared - and the ones who attacked me when I said Povetkin's drug test result was BS. All gone. Don't be a punk like them. Man up and we'll see.

Again, the right Eubank has to show up. If he does, he beats Golovkin. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  What does the history books say about the first Pacquiao/Bradley fight?

Let me remind you since you clearly forgot. Man up and admit which of these you were. You were the dude on the couch huh?

Don't gamble dude. Just mark the post and come back after the fight. Don't be a punk like the ones who attacked me when I predicted Holm KO'ing Rousey and then disappeared - and the ones who attacked me when I said Povetkin's drug test result was BS. All gone. Don't be a punk like them. Man up and we'll see.

Again, the right Eubank has to show up. If he does, he beats Golovkin. Period.
                  Lol at period. What do history books say about PWill Lara, Rios Abril etc? You predicted a massive robbery?

Feel free to bet me all your points if you're not confident to bet real money. I mean the odds are amazing if you're sure Eubank wins.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... Golovkin holds the best power jab to date... and if he also starts shifting... well, nevermind...
                    If this guy tries to exchange power anything with lil ggg, it will be an early night for him...in the worse way.

Comment

I want Eubank to win, but I have the feeling he's going down fast and hard.

Comment

Working...
                      X