Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LET'S SCORE: Paul "The Punisher" Williams vs. Erislandy "The American Dream" Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are several recent marquee fights that can be disputed (Canelo/Lara, Floyd/Maidana1, Ward/Kovalev), but this fight is not one of them. Other similar fights would be Garcia/Herrera, Rios/Abril, etc.

The consensus was like 95+% had Lara winning and winning big. Something like 8-4 is the worst possible score for Lara, it was much closer to ~10-2 or 11-1.

I like PWill and hope he is doing well, but he definitely do not win this fight - not even close. No point to rescoring this fight.

Comment

Thru 5

round 1-Lara

round 2-Lara

round 3-Williams

round 4-Williams

round 5-Williams

Comment

I thought Canelo was a close but clear winner over Lara. They landed about the same amount of punches. Canelo chased him all fight and landed the harder punches because he was coming forward.Lara ran away most of the fight and going backward took some of the power off his punches. Lara ran too much to deserve a win or a draw in my opinion. I know this is off topic but others have brought it up in this thread.

Comment

Lara beat Williams 10 rounds to 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
            There are several recent marquee fights that can be disputed (Canelo/Lara, Floyd/Maidana1, Ward/Kovalev), but this fight is not one of them. Other similar fights would be Garcia/Herrera, Rios/Abril, etc.

The consensus was like 95+% had Lara winning and winning big. Something like 8-4 is the worst possible score for Lara, it was much closer to ~10-2 or 11-1.

I like PWill and hope he is doing well, but he definitely do not win this fight - not even close. No point to rescoring this fight.
            I thought Lara clearly won big over Williams but lost a close one to Canelo. I thought Mayweather clearly beat Maidana both fights. Putting up a good fight is not winning. To me Herrera beat Garcia and April beat Rios. They both won by 2 or 3 points on my score card.

Comment

Lets score: Lara vs Molina

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                Lara beat Williams 10 rounds to 2.
                I cant see it man..thru 5 rounds i already see 3 rounds for Williams

Comment

Lara beat williams

Comment

watched bits and pieces of it again, was as i remembered, very close fight. Scrappy rounds, the 'power' punches that compubox were registering for lara are laughable, are tippy tappy punches, no weight behind them. Think i had lara by 1 round when i watched the whole thing but it was by no means the worst robbery ive ever seen. People are too influenced by the commentators

Comment

My final card

1-Lara
                      2-Lara
                      3-williams
                      4-williams
                      5-williams
                      6-williams
                      7-Lara
                      8-Lara
                      9-Lara
                      10-Williams