Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano is not a top ten all time heavyweight and I'll tell you why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black folks are stereotyped as having great rhythm and being slick on the dance floor. This is where the "black style" stereotype comes from.

Willie Pastrano, Dick Ekland, Freddie Steele, and Willie Pep all had great rhythm and speed. All these guys fought with a stereotypical "black style" in some way, shape, or form.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Your numbers are hyperbole but your point is spot on...in my humble opinion. Lefty its not super genius that we need it is creativity. Creativity is the true wellspring of intelligence, it is what allows human beings to thrive. Education emphasizes service to our society (the social contract) and service to the elites (job training). You can be a good paid slave if you study the right job training. What we need are kids who want to cure cancer, have the resources to try and then out of this will emerge our geniuses. This is a proven fact.

True story: There was a black teacher in Harlem who decided to make a game for his first to fourth grade students...It was a game where the problems in the world were put to the class in a board game format and the idea was to solve the problems...well, word got out that these kids came up with some incredible solutions and it was not long before the class was paid a visit by the government. All above board! the government guys wanted to see the solutions! True story.
      Then what did those officials do? Implement them and take all the credit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Then what did those officials do? Implement them and take all the credit?
        prolly started a secret program.

Comment

• The guy in blue is fighting black; the guy in red wishes he could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQMMmslAjyw

Comment

• Yes, you can find some smaller non-black people who are twitchy, though they lack the full scale of smooth movement and rhythm. But once you go up in size, you never see it.

Comment

• in general African, Southern European, and Hispanic peoples seem to have rhythm.

While Northern Europeans don't.

But I don't think it's a genetic thing. It's more cultural and a skill that can be learned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humean View Post
                I don't think you necessarily have to compete beyond your era to be considered great
                PTI.....

All TIME Greats, as in, across all eras.

Comment

• Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
                  PTI.....

All TIME Greats, as in, across all eras.

Greatness across eras is not necessarily the same thing as being able to compete beyond their own era. Roger Bannister is one of the greatest middle-distance runners of all time but his best time in the mile race has been beaten more than three and a half thousand times in the 63 years since he set it.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  in general African, Southern European, and Hispanic peoples seem to have rhythm.

While Northern Europeans don't.

But I don't think it's a genetic thing. It's more cultural and a skill that can be learned.
                  Yes us Northern European folks have obviously be stiffened by the ice and snow, apart from Baryshnikov of course . . .

Comment

Greatness across eras is not necessarily the same thing as being able to compete beyond their own era. Roger Bannister is one of the greatest middle-distance runners of all time but his best time in the mile race has been beaten more than three and a half thousand times in the 63 years since he set it.
                    when you read ''ATG'', what pops into your head.

be SPECIFIC.

imhO, if you limit the era a person is supposed to be ''great'' in, then that person probably isnt an ATG. maybe an ''all time (insert decade)''

imhO, may is an ATG. he would absolutely do extremely well in every decade. ditto ali. ditto hagler. ditto srr. etc.

my take on ''one of the best'' is not so keen. how wide is the one of the best field ?!?! one out of how many ?!?!?

Comment

Yes us Northern European folks have obviously be stiffened by the ice and snow, apart from Baryshnikov of course . . .
                      Thats why I said in general. There are many exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                      X