No announcement yet.

Gradovich stoppage loss over Selby

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gradovich stoppage loss over Selby

Anyone care to maybe compare Gradovich facial damage in comparison to Kevin Mitchells?
    See which one of the two was worse, lol.

I snapped a shot of Kevin but never got one of Gradovich but I know his face wasn't anywhere near as bad as Kevins was but for some reason they seemed sympathetic towards the stoppage of Kevin, strange that?

Not a troll thread just a case of comparing the bias that is shown towards matchroom (skysports) boxers i.e. the complete agreeance that Gradovich should have been stopped because of his facial injuries but the remorse they showed to Mitchell for some reason because he is promoted by them...
    As boxing fans shouldn't we be calling out companies for that, I'm personally sick of this bias shown towards promoted fighters I just wish we could get commentary that is unbiased and called with their own opinion which isn't influenced by nationality.

Excellent point and perfectly true. If you compare the two stoppages and the extent of the injuries, Gradovich was barely cut compared to Mitchell's face being completely rearranged and bleeding heavily.

Just reeks of more underhanded shenanigans from the shady Matchroom promotional outfit. They're starting to make Don King look like Mother Teresa.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      Excellent point and perfectly true. If you compare the two stoppages and the extent of the injuries, Gradovich was barely cut compared to Mitchell's face being completely rearranged and bleeding heavily.

Just reeks of more underhanded shenanigans from the shady Matchroom promotional outfit. They're starting to make Don King look like Mother Teresa.
      Yeah, I think Gradovich would have still lost but he never looked like he was troubled by the punching power of Selby but as is said who knows what might have happened an entire fight can be changed by just one punch.

I'm certainly not a fan of matchroom at all, they have a lot more dodgy stuff happening than Al Haymon promoted fighters.
      Compare the faces though Mitchell left eye (I think it was left) was near bulged out from the swelling, he was taking a beating the entire fight yet some dodgy ass judge had him 6 rounds ahead I'm just so glad Linares got the stoppage before he got robbed by them,

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
        Yeah, I think Gradovich would have still lost but he never looked like he was troubled by the punching power of Selby but as is said who knows what might have happened an entire fight can be changed by just one punch.

I'm certainly not a fan of matchroom at all, they have a lot more dodgy stuff happening than Al Haymon promoted fighters.
        Compare the faces though Mitchell left eye (I think it was left) was near bulged out from the swelling, he was taking a beating the entire fight yet some dodgy ass judge had him 6 rounds ahead I'm just so glad Linares got the stoppage before he got robbed by them,
        I didn't think it was that bad, but after watching these fights I they are worse than Al Haymon and company when it comes to shady stuff. Commentators are the worst I have ever heard and that is saying a lot(biased as ****, I thought Jim Watt was going to enter the ring and start slurping Selby at some point ), and the referees, judges, and doctors were obviously paid off. I appreciate British boxing, the crowds are always into it, but the event was ****ing pathetic,too much corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
          I didn't think it was that bad, but after watching these fights I they are worse than Al Haymon and company when it comes to shady stuff. Commentators are the worst I have ever heard and that is saying a lot(biased as ****, I thought Jim Watt was going to enter the ring and start slurping Selby at some point ), and the referees, judges, and doctors were obviously paid off. I appreciate British boxing, the crowds are always into it, but the event was ****ing pathetic,too much corruption.
          Lmfao, Jim Watt makes me sick to be part Scottish he has to be one of the worst commentators hands down!
          I cannot stand that guy.

I just think If Mitchell was allowed to fight with the blatant facial injuries that he had then so should have Gradovich and to add to another point why in **** was two world title fights held before a hype job fighting a bum that had 3 losses in the trot?
          Yet us Brits want to call Wilder a hype job?
          I'm just calling it down the line is all.

Comment

I am a Brit, and British Refs are bias as ****. So are judges to some extent.

Unfortunately the refs know who pay them.

Comment

The commentators were terrible haha

They absolutely gave no credit to Linares only when he stopped Mitchell. Then hearing Jim Watt saying the ref should of stopped the fight from a accidental headbutt by Linares when in reality it was a punch wtf. Jim watt saw it was cause by a punch on the replay but still was crying it was a headbutt. That shows the judges were hugely on Mitchell's favor.

Terrible for the sport when you have bias refs,commentators,doctors and commissions.

Comment

Urgh sadly, I don't think we will ever get rid of that type of persona I mean its even shown in some manner towards Boxnation sponsored fighters.

The opposition fighter needs to clearly outclass the promoted fighter before the commentary are even willing to praise him.
                That in my opinion is not what we should expecting from 'professional' commentators half the commentators haven't even laced the gloves up and experienced a real fighting scenario themselves.

Comment

Yeah, I think Gradovich would have still lost but he never looked like he was troubled by the punching power of Selby,

You must have missed the sixth round where he was visibly shaken then.

He got utterly outclassed from start to finish and had zero momentum at the time of the stoppage.

Comment

Urgh sadly, I don't think we will ever get rid of that type of persona I mean its even shown in some manner towards Boxnation sponsored fighters.

The opposition fighter needs to clearly outclass the promoted fighter before the commentary are even willing to praise him.
                    That in my opinion is not what we should expecting from 'professional' commentators half the commentators haven't even laced the gloves up and experienced a real fighting scenario themselves.
                    Curious on how the Venezuelan judge scored the fight?

I think Red Cyclone the problem is that all of these promoters are desperate for the next big star. All these promoters are scared to invest and lose but that's how the sport of boxing is. Could careless if a promoters loses $$$ on investing in fighters but for some odd reason it's about the promoters,networks,managers and organization winning but not the fans.

Make Wilder-Joshua and see how the fans tune in

Comment

Working...
                    X