No announcement yet.

Willie Pep v Sandy Saddler Best wins comparison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie Pep v Sandy Saddler Best wins comparison

Comparison of the top 20 wins between them in order. Any posters with strong knowledge of Pep, Saddler and other fighters listed here to see how [in]accurate my ranking is?

Pep
    Saddler

Best 20 wins

Willie Pep 1948
    Willie Pep 1950

Sandy Saddler 1949
    Willie Pep 1951
    Chalky Wright 1942
    Chalky Wright 1944
    Chalky Wright1944
    Ray Famechon 1950
    Ray Famechon 1955
    Manuel Ortiz 1944
    Paddy DeMarco 1949
    Chalky Wright 1946
    Sal Bartolo 1943
    Sal Bartolo 1946
    Phil Terranova 1945
    Sal Bartolo 1943
    Paddy DeMarco 1948
    Miguel Acevedo 1947
    Miguel Acevedo 1950
    Flash Elorde 1956
    Last edited by Humean; 12-28-2013, 04:06 PM. Reason: Edited to include two DeMarco wins

I can think of Paddy DeMarco around 46 or 47 also Sal Bartolo around the same time. These were very good wins for Willie!
    One thing about Pep is he'd come to fight an areas best guy and carry him to a distance win but if the guy tried taking him out Pep would mess him up.
    You could try your best at boxing him but if you started to load up the "fight" would turn quickly. Pep was not void of power he would rather box and not get hit but he stopped some pretty formidable men and if he lost his cool for a moment he'd slug it out! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      I can think of Paddy DeMarco around 46 or 47 also Sal Bartolo around the same time. These were very good wins for Willie!
      One thing about Pep is he'd come to fight an areas best guy and carry him to a distance win but if the guy tried taking him out Pep would mess him up.
      You could try your best at boxing him but if you started to load up the "fight" would turn quickly. Pep was not void of power he would rather box and not get hit but he stopped some pretty formidable men and if he lost his cool for a moment he'd slug it out! Ray.
      I got all the Pep-Bartolo fights on the list but good call on Paddy DeMarco, Pep beat him once and Saddler fought him three times. I'll look into revising the list another day in light of that.
      Last edited by Humean; 12-26-2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X