No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Canelo's Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Canelo's Return

As CEO of Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, it's Richard Schaefer's job to put together events that will leave fans drooling for more. Our first inquiry to Schaefer was the May 4 card that will feature Floyd Mayweather Jr. Some websites are already saying that his opponent will be Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero. Since Guerrero - who won his first title at featherweight in 2006 - has shown he can compete with the elite in the welterweight division, that would be an amazing matchup.

[Click Here To Read More]

I think the may vs ghost fight is finalized now they just trying to fiqure out the undercard. Maybe they plan on bumping canelo off and replacing with broner vasquez? and have canelo head his own card in april.

who knows.

Comment

Lol at 2 mega-stars. Damn, are boxing fans so cheap & gullible??

Comment

I will be extremely disappointed if Canelo is off the card. I do like Floyd/Ghost boxing wise, but it's a joke as a PPV event without a supporting act

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          As CEO of Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, it's Richard Schaefer's job to put together events that will leave fans drooling for more. Our first inquiry to Schaefer was the May 4 card that will feature Floyd Mayweather Jr. Some websites are already saying that his opponent will be Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero. Since Guerrero - who won his first title at featherweight in 2006 - has shown he can compete with the elite in the welterweight division, that would be an amazing matchup.

[Click Here To Read More]
          Guerrero vs Mayweather will be a fight of the year type fight. If it goes down, mark my words, Mayweather is going to lose his 0 to The Ghost. I'll pay to see Floyd get smashed all day everyday. VIVA Mexico!!

Comment

I'm I the only one who hates Mayweather vs Guerrero

Comment

So now Mayweather and Canelo might not even be on the same date? What happened to the record breaking biggest event in the history of boxing?

Comment

No canelo no buy

Comment

Mayweather vs Guerrero zzzzzzz.z
                  Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 01-05-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

This is what I have been saying, how is Mayweather, Canelo, Guerrero, Broner, Burns[?], and Canelo's opponent[Trout, Angulo, Kirkland, whoever it is], going to be in the same card unless the fighters are going to settle for UFC money $100-200k each? With the main event fighters getting substantially more but still not what they want?

It would be hard to pull off. Canelo would have to be on his own arena with it's own undercard to get his own gate rev. Broner and Floyd would in the same place. But then how much are the opponents, Guerrero, Burns, etc are going to earn? Peanuts?

Comment

Working...
                    X