Amir khan has too many flaws to fix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir khan has too many flaws to fix

And most of them stem from ignorance.

Weak chin, weak mind, no defence at all, poor footwork, poor punch variety, average physical strength, average punch power.

The kid thinks he's the second coming of sugar ray Robinson.

He blames all HIS mistakes on the people who are actually trying to help him like Roach and Ariza, and never says anything about his doofus family or those greasy hangers on Saj and Asif Valli. Dispicable yes men, who do him more harm than good.

I'm calling time on khan.

He will never learn

The only thing he has is speed and his reach imo.

Comment

Damn, he jumped ship, lmao! Earl Kerry. Every fighter dreams of going undefeated. Everyone can't be undefeated. Fighters love fighting win or lose. They can accept tough losses. Some fans can't. The fan can easily give up on a fighter. Fortunately fighters don't give up on themselves. Khan lost on his feet, and a ref stopped the fight when he shouldn't have. Khan needs a new trainer. Roach was all wrong for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

Weak chin, weak mind, no defence at all, poor footwork, poor punch variety, average physical strength, average punch power.

He blames all HIS mistakes on the people who are actually trying to help him like Roach and Ariza, and never says anything about his doofus family or those greasy hangers on Saj and Asif Valli. Dispicable yes men, who do him more harm than good.

He will never learn
        Like I said, if his loses and struggles against Prescott, Maidana, Peterson didn't teach him anything, then I certainty wasn't gonna expect him to do anything different against Garcia. I think this is it for him.

Comment

say what you want but dude is a true warriror. he stands and fights even when hes hurt, hasnt ducked anyone and went for the best in his division. great TV fighter

Comment

I disagree with the original post. Amir can box to a plan and be conservative in the ring - I've seen it before, he can do it well.

He needs to stop thinking he can rush out all guns blazing like Manny Pacquiao used to, he needs to listen - to his coach, not to all the idiot freeloaders telling him he's God's gift.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              I disagree with the original post. Amir can box to a plan and be conservative in the ring - I've seen it before, he can do it well.

He needs to stop thinking he can rush out all guns blazing like Manny Pacquiao used to, he needs to listen - to his coach, not to all the idiot freeloaders telling him he's God's gift.
              Nah... he's been trained for years, and has fought with an amateur style... Jump in... shoot a ton of pitty patts and jump out, people are wise to it, all you have to do is stand your ground and thump him with a solid accurate counter in between his shots... not too mention his inside game... ISN'T.

I give Khan a ton of credit on his heart, he definitely does not want to lose... but he thinks hand speed is everything... it isn't, especially when you leave your head in still motion.

He's young, but at this point... it's hard to change what you've grown to learn.

Comment

I'm not criticising Amir on his heart or "toughness" such as it is.

But the thing is, standing in and trading with a guy who is bigger, stronger, more powerful and has a better chin than you, it's brave......yes, but it's also so, so stupid.

And it's that sort of stupidity that he has had ever since he was 17 years old, and I don't expect him to change it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

He will never learn

Man 1st paragraph had merit second shows your intentions.

HATER.

BUT yes Khan fights the wrong style cause he has too much heart and not enough sense. Hes a fighter at heart but with out the grit to pull it off, hence he get rocked bad and hence he got stopped by Garcia.

hes a Tough dude that gives exciting fights, Yes he has flaws but most fighters have them, but those who have flaws are with their chin and rebound power usually dont last. he made it this far off his skills but in the elite level power is needed too and also in punching and in the ability to take a punch and that something the he has neither of.
                  Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 09-02-2012, 10:42 PM.

Comment

amir got the skills, thats not even a question..a guy who outboxes the **** out of a decent boxer like paulie is as skilled as they come...and no matter how good a boxer is, he is gonna get hit ...the problem is he has no chin (or durabilty) , which is a must if one has to remain in the elite level...

Comment

Working...
                    X