No announcement yet.

The Golden Age of MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Golden Age of MMA

Yeah man, Pride was the shiznit, had the better, most exciting overall fighters, but went under and was bought out by the bigger competition, even though it was more beloved and well respected by the hardcore fans.

Kind of like how most hardcore American wrestling fans preferred NWA/WCW, since they had the majority of the better workers overall. Sure, WWF had guys like Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Dynamite Kid, Steamboat for a short time, but NWA had Flair, Ole and Arn Anderson, Barry Windham, Tully Blanchard, Great Muta, Sting, Steamboat, Steiners, Road Warriors, a much longer list of better wrestlers to choose from, yet, like Pride, it goes under and gets bought out by it's major competitor.

Why is it always the biggest corporate douchebags seem to always win these competitions and the ones the fans/customers love more always seem to lose? Is it just some prerequisite to be the biggest lying, conniving douche in order to be the most successful?

No way UFC should've beat out Pride or that WWE should've beat out WCW. Pride and NWA had the better talent, but not the right guys to run their companies and keep them going. Just totally sucks sometimes just thinking about that. I really hope some other major competition comes along and can kick the UFC's butts. I don't know if it'll be Bellator or some new promotion that hasn't started yet, but I look forward to seeing it someday.

Comment

I loved Pride, the Japanese had that **** right, reward fighters for being entertaining and leaving it all on the line, cut lay and pray wrestlers pay and show them the door...

Comment

vale tudo japan when rickson beat down that half blind 130 lb. japanese judoka.

rickson is god.

Comment

Originally posted by Vollmermaid View Post
          vale tudo japan when rickson beat down that half blind 130 lb. japanese judoka.

rickson is god.
          Dude was blinded by Gerard Gordeau. So Rickson refused to hit Yuki Nakai in the face for their fight in the finals, since then Nakai has became the first Japanese person to get a black belt in Jiu Jitsu and now trains fighters such as Aoki...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            Dude was blinded by Gerard Gordeau. So Rickson refused to hit Yuki Nakai in the face for their fight in the finals, since then Nakai has became the first Japanese person to get a black belt in BRAZILIAN Jiu Jitsu and now trains fighters such as Aoki...
            fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              Dude was blinded by Gerard Gordeau. So Rickson refused to hit Yuki Nakai in the face for their fight in the finals, since then Nakai has became the first Japanese person to get a black belt in Jiu Jitsu and now trains fighters such as Aoki...
              frenchy was dirty mofo.

i heard he bit royce too.

that's why royce held his rnc on him a little extra.

frenchy gave me my first "HOLY F!" moment watching mma. remember when he soccer kicked that sumo guy in the face knocked his teeth out? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                fixed it for you.
                i think the japanese version is spelled different.

plus in mma talk bjj IS jiu-jitsu.

no one uses the jap version except steven seagal.

Comment

For now it is but the sport is still so young only been 15-20 years that's my drunk estimate. basketball and football were around for decades upon decades until basketball peaked in the 90s and football now.

But rampage, randleman, krazy horse, shogun, wandy, big nog cro cop and hendo made me a fan for life. Favorite fight ever is rampage vs Chuck 1. People talk about how your not elite if your not in the ufc and that pride guys were folding despite the success of Anderson, rampage, and big nog who all grabbed belts(big nog was interim heavyweight champ but thats bull**** randy retired since he couldn't fight fedor) anyway the ufcs posterboy came to pride and got FUUUCKED UP! LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                    fixed it for you.
                    My bad.............

Comment

Working...
                    X