Ishe Smith: Floyd is already sharp as a tac, going 5 min rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ishe Smith: Floyd is already sharp as a tac, going 5 min rounds

Ishe Smith ‏ @IsheSugarShay
    Heard that Floyd is already sharp as a tac, going 5 min rounds, an beat the dog sh$t out of Henry yesterday.

Good news. If he's the same guy he was in the Mosley and Ortiz fights, he was pretty much the same set of skills in those fights, he'll should be fine.

Comment

Yessss, that's what I like to hear!

Comment

Just less than 2 months out and he's sharp. I imagine he's already near enough on weight.

Comment

Potshots the dog sh$t out of Henry yesterday.

Comment

To play devils advocate, this may not be a good thing if true. Could just mean Omar's inexperience doesn't make him a viable sparring partner for a fighter like Floyd, and a poor choice to prepare for a fighter like Cotto.

Comment

Omar Henry has always been regarded as Cotto's clone. But anyone who's actually seen Henry fight knows that's far from the truth. They look a like as far as their stance goes. But as far as overall ability in the ring?

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
                To play devils advocate, this may not be a good thing if true. Could just mean Omar's inexperience doesn't make him a viable sparring partner for a fighter like Floyd, and a poor choice to prepare for a fighter like Cotto.
                ooooh interesting way to look at it

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  Omar Henry has always been regarded as Cotto's clone. But anyone who's actually seen Henry fight knows that's far from the truth. They look a like as far as their stance goes. But as far as overall ability in the ring?

To be honest with you, I'm not that all bothered about him beating up Henry. It's the sharpness which I'm pleased to hear about. Which means he'll get time to work on other things. I remember the first open workout session he did for the Ortiz fight, he wasn't looking that sharp for a while, whereas now it sounds like his timing is all there.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post

I'd say it's more seasoning than ability. Henry just isn't close to the Floyd/Cotto level just yet. He's still a very young fighter in the early stages of his career.

Comment

Working...
                    X