Better resume: Cotto or Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post

Why wouldn't it be serious?

I think the resumes are comparable. Cotto's career has been a bit more consistant but, that's not to take away from Williams who has had trouble making fights at 147 and 154 so he's had to jump around. They're both warriors.

I'd love to see Cotto-Williams at 154 if Cotto gets past Foreman.
    Agree, if he stays at 154, go for Williams or Angulo.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      It was an okay win that many didnt expect him to win. It wasnt an epic victory. Good win though.
      IMO his best performance as a pro too. He's taken a step back lately for me.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        It was an okay win that many didnt expect him to win. It wasnt an epic victory. Good win though.
        it was an average win at best

Who were these morons who thought Williams wouldn't win? and that the tailor made Winky Wright coming of a 2 year lay off and being 37 old would be a hard fight?

Comment

Originally posted by WAR ENGLAND View Post

Who were these morons who thought Williams wouldn't win? and that the tailor made Winky Wright coming of a 2 year lay off and being 37 old would be a hard fight?
          Most of boxingscene. I bumped the thread not to long ago...

Comment

Cotto slightly.

Comment

I cannot include Williams' fights against Martinez and Cintron in the 'wins' column.

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
                Wins For Williams:
                Margarito
                Martinez
                Wright
                Quintana
                Cintron

Wins For Cotto:
                Mosley
                Clottey
                Judah
                Quintana
                Malignaggi
                Torres
                I would take off Mitchell and Matthysse for Williams. If people don't mention Mitchell for Floyd who's smaller than Williams then imo he shouldn't be mentioned as a good win for anybody. Not to mention Floyd beat him first and beat him in his first fight at WW. I know Matthysse was undefeated when Williams beat him but he's lost 4 of his last 5 fights by KO after Williams beat him. So that's 5 good names but good for Williams that he's still young and probably has at least 5 more good fights in him.

I would take off Corley for Cotto because again, if Corley isn't mentioned for Mayweather as a good win then let's treat everyone the same ad not mention him as a good win for all fighters. Floyd beat Corley first too.

So that's 5 good names to 6 good names, apparently Cotto has the better resume for now.

Comment

Originally posted by WAR ENGLAND View Post

There were a lot of posters who thought Winky would win actually.

Comment

I say they're pretty even although I feel that Williams lost to Martinez.

Comment

Cintron-Williams should have been a draw.
                      Williams-Martinez wasn't a robbery.

Comment

Working...
                      X