No announcement yet.

Amir Khan : realistic thoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan : realistic thoughts

Of all my time watching boxing i think iv seen enough of khan to think that the guy should get out now

I wish no ill to him however i seriously think he will possibly suffer irreparable damage if he fights on

He has been caught so often and by so many journey men that i fear one day he will be caught or beaten badly and it will affect his way of life

Originally posted by The Clash View Post
    Of all my time watching boxing i think iv seen enough of khan to think that the guy should get out now

I wish no ill to him however i seriously think he will possibly suffer irreparable damage if he fights on

He has been caught so often and by so many journey men that i fear one day he will be caught or beaten badly and it will affect his way of life
    he got beaten badly by brady presscott, it was hilarious yet entertaing fight, that is his career defining fight to date

Comment

I think working with Roach over next year or 2 will really bring him on has a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by The Clash View Post
        Who? Who are these 'so many' journeymen supposed to have 'caught' Khan so frequently? Assuming we count Prescott a 'contender' rather than 'journeyman' (and it would be grossly unfair not to do so), there's Willie Limond and, um.... who exactly ??

Comment

Originally posted by The_Visitation View Post
          Who? Who are these 'so many' journeymen supposed to have 'caught' Khan so frequently? Assuming we count Prescott a 'contender' rather than 'journeyman' (and it would be grossly unfair not to do so), there's Willie Limond and, um.... who exactly ??
          do i need you to look at boxrec and his opponents ??

do i need to look for videos of khan being dropped or shook by fighters who are not world class ??

do you think he is world class ?

i can see him suffering a bad ko and being out of the game , thats all i said

Comment

Originally posted by Savino View Post
            I think working with Roach over next year or 2 will really bring him on has a fighter.
            i agree, that trainer switch might amir make last 2 rounds vs prescott instead of 1, amir khan and roach are a hall of fame combination, theyre like tommy lee and pamela lee, they are legends
            Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 04-07-2009, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Visitation View Post
              micheal gomez is a boxing legend, amir khan beat this legend up so bad, even though amir khan almost got his ass whipped,

breidis presscott is a boxing icon to the degree of ali, amir khan dropped breidis and made breidis look like a **** on a stick, amir khan will go undefeated and before hes 27, he will be the next great british heavyweight champion of the world

Comment

His chin is just too bad, i mean I know there have been succesful chinny fighters, but I mean just watch that limond fight. I don't know I just think that handicap will prevent him from the top fights, Euro level max for khan, If he had a good chin he'd be a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                  His chin is just too bad, i mean I know there have been succesful chinny fighters, but I mean just watch that limond fight. I don't know I just think that handicap will prevent him from the top fights, Euro level max for khan, If he had a good chin he'd be a great fighter.
                  i just think the hype is way beyond ability ,i think he will get badly hurt at some stage

There is not enough ability and not enough defence for him to sustain a beating

I can see it all ending tragically , i dunno ,maybe iv got a 'sixth sense'

Comment

Theres no way with his chin he can get to the top 5 of whatever weight class hes in and not get knocked out in most cases.

When did freddie roach become the best defensive trainer in the world? pacman has not got a great defence as far as i can tell.

Comment

Working...
                    X