Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fighters with bad chins who made alot of money.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diego Corrales

Comment

I dont think Joe Louis had a bad chin, he got hit perfectly against schmelling. Billy Conn hit him like 300 times dead on in there fights and maybe wobbled him a little. Marciano? Rocky hit pretty hard plus Louis was done. Yes conn was a light heavy but he hit him a ton of times.

Junior Jones
      Hearns
      Naseem Hamed
      Roger Mayweather
      Ernie Shavers
      Michael Moorer
      Bruno

Comment

Originally posted by Trenchant View Post
        I dont think Joe Louis had a bad chin, he got hit perfectly against schmelling. Billy Conn hit him like 300 times dead on in there fights and maybe wobbled him a little. Marciano? Rocky hit pretty hard plus Louis was done. Yes conn was a light heavy but he hit him a ton of times.

Junior Jones
        Hearns
        Naseem Hamed
        Roger Mayweather
        Ernie Shavers
        Michael Moorer
        Bruno
        I believe Hamed had a pretty solid chin.

Comment

Joe Frazier,Bob Foster,Julian Jackson,Nigel Benn Oleg Maskaev,Corrie Sanders,Jermain Taylor,Amir Khan,Danny Williams,Terry Norris,Anthony Mundine,just to name a few.

Mayorga and Vargas were still making some good money after Trinidad cracked their chins.
          Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 08-04-2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez, Tito Trinidad, Lennox Lewis, Thomas Hearns (not exactly a bad chin, but definitely not a good one), Joe Calzaghe, Wlad Klitschko...lot's of fighters have made it to the top with shaky chins

Comment

People think joe calzaghe had a bad chin? that is laughable.the guy was never really close to being knocked out

chin is about how well a fighter reacts after being caught with a big shot or being knocked down,people clearly dont understand this
              Last edited by The_Demon; 08-04-2010, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                I believe Hamed had a pretty solid chin.
                Yeah, I was going to say the same. Hamed may have had bad balance, but as far as toughness goes, he could take a shot. Barrera hit him with some hellacious punches and Hamed never looked like he was going to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubstep Demon View Post
                  People think joe calzaghe had a bad chin? that is laughable.the guy was never really close to being knocked out

chin is about how well a fighter reacts after being caught with a big shot or being knocked down,people clearly dont understand this
                  Calzaghe was knocked down by a past it Byron Mitchell and also an old Bernard Hopkins. Bernard at 168+ wasn't really knocking anybody out, let alone a proclaimed "great" like Joe Zags. If Zag's had any kind of chin he wouldn't have been downed by that version of Hopkins, or a C fighter at the end of his career like Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    Yeah, I was going to say the same. Hamed may have had bad balance, but as far as toughness goes, he could take a shot. Barrera hit him with some hellacious punches and Hamed never looked like he was going to go.
                    Hamed was as tough as they come. I would say his chin was just as good as Barrera's if not a little better. Barrera was floored by Manny Pacquiao, Morales, Junior Jones, and Agapito Sanchez (arguable slip?) amongst others I'm sure.

Junior Jones put his lights out.

Comment

I can see your point with Hamed, he did seem to whether the storm good after being stunned, Augie Sanchez stunned Hamed good too, and Kelley, but he came back.
                      Barrera was never knocked down by Morales with a headshot, it was a bodyshot in the second fight, Barrera did almost go down from a lefthook late in the 3rd fight though, he held on like a heavyweight towards the end of that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X