No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Margarito/Cotto Location To Be Decided Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
    But didn't Cotto beat Mosley if I'm not mistaken?

Mosley/May occurred in 2010, what year did Floyd become a welterweight....2005?

Your best argument was to say that it took 5 years for the best fighter on the planet to fight someone considered elite at 147? Actually that was the response I was trying to draw out, thank you for clarifying.
    3 years man 3...

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
      The former promoter of Mr. Mayweather jr, Mr. Bob Arum is making the (bad) decisions for Mr. Pac-Man. As we all know Mr. Arum does not like to deal with Floyd Mayweather Jr and vice versa.

Mr. Arum is attempting to agree to a contract that hasn’t existed or been on the negotiations table since May 1st or so it seems. They're giving Mayweather a deadline of mid July to make a decision. I ask what took team Pac from May 1st until July to “agree” to the contract?

They said they "agreed" to everything that was requested from Floyd's terms that he stated on May 1st! What took them so long to make this "agreement" and what gives them the right to give a deadline of (now) less than a week when it took them 2 months to finally "agree to everything Mayweather requested"?

Mayweather by brutal press and media TKO when this is all done and said. Pac will look terrible, especially if he continues on with this “plan B” talk of fighting Cotto at a catchweight or that cheater who doesn’t have a license in the states. Then again who cares, Pac’s not even American so why fight here? Go fight the cheater or Cotto and lose even more media and negotiation leverage and make more people suspicious of avoiding the “random” drug tests. It will only get worse.

Team Pac said they “agreed” to everything. Less than a week to go to see what they actually “agreed” too. If it’s anything less than everything, they avoided Mayweather yet again.
      That's what I suspect as well. We've only heard from one side thus far in the forums. If they 'agreed' to everything, then it must be all green lights and we should expect an official announcement soon.

Then again, maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtiger78 View Post
        3 years man 3...
        J I know...I know...he took a vacation.

Comment

J I know...I know...he took a vacation.
          lol yeah i hear ya bro!

Comment

But didn't Cotto beat Mosley if I'm not mistaken?

Mosley/May occurred in 2010, what year did Floyd become a welterweight....2005?

Your best argument was to say that it took 5 years for the best fighter on the planet to fight someone considered elite? Actually that was the response I was trying to draw out, thank you for clarifying.

Yes Cotto beat Mosley in a close fight where many people thought it could have went either way or a draw, then Cotto went on to get destroyed by Margarito and Mosley destroyed Margarito, thus making him the #1 WW in the world.

Let me school you real fast buddy.....as of Jan 12th 2006, The Ring Magazine Welterweight rankings were....

WELTERWEIGHTS
            Weight Limit: 147 pounds
            Champ: CARLOS BALDOMIR 42-9-6 (12)

1. ANTONIO MARGARITO 32-4 (23)

2. ZAB JUDAH 34-3 (25)

3. CORY SPINKS 34-3 (11)

4. SHANE MOSLEY 41-4 (35)

5. LUIS COLLAZO 26-1 (12)

6. THOMAS DAMGAARD 37-0 (27)

7. KERMIT CINTRON 25-1 (23)

8. JOSE ANTONIO RIVERA 37-4-1(24)

9. OKTAY URKAL 36-3 (11)

10. DAVID ESTRADA 18-2 (9)

Mayweather was ranked #1 P4P at this time and came into the WW division and beat 2 of the top 3 guys right off the bat. When is the last time Manny went into a division and beat the top 2 guys or 2 of the top 3 guys in a division?

Your a hater, and still Manny hasnt beat or fought anyone @ WW as good as Shane Mosley.
            Last edited by Cash Cow; 07-14-2010, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
              Yes Cotto beat Mosley in a close fight where many people thought it could have went either way or a draw, then Cotto went on to get destroyed by Margarito and Mosley destroyed Margarito, thus making him the #1 WW in the world.

Let me school you real fast buddy.....as of Jan 12th 2006, The Ring Magazine Welterweight rankings were....

WELTERWEIGHTS
              Weight Limit: 147 pounds
              Champ: CARLOS BALDOMIR
              Argentina 42-9-6 (12)
              1. ANTONIO MARGARITO
              Mexico 32-4 (23)
              2. ZAB JUDAH
              Brooklyn, NY 34-3 (25)
              3. CORY SPINKS
              St. Louis, MO 34-3 (11)
              4. SHANE MOSLEY
              Pomona, CA 41-4 (35)
              5. LUIS COLLAZO
              Queens, NY 26-1 (12)
              6. THOMAS DAMGAARD
              Denmark 37-0 (27)
              7. KERMIT CINTRON
              Reading, PA 25-1 (23)
              8. JOSE ANTONIO RIVERA
              Worcester, MA 37-4-1(24)
              9. OKTAY URKAL
              Germany 36-3 (11)
              10. DAVID ESTRADA
              Chicago, IL 18-2 (9)

Mayweather was ranked #1 P4P at this time and came into the WW division and beat 2 of the top 3 guys right off the bat. When is the last time Manny went into a division and beat the top 2 guys or 2 of the top 3 guys in a division?

Your a hater, and still Manny hasnt beat or fought anyone @ WW as good as Shane Mosley.

Yes I know how the story unfolded, in addition I can also decipher talent level in combination with timing of fights taking place.

I don't need a ringmagazine breakdown to tell me Carlos Baldomir was an HBO/Disney movie production, in other words a great story, but a journeyman fighter who got lucky because Zab Judah is to boxing, what dementia is to the elderly population.

You can paint me as a hater, in fact I'll embrace that, but refer back to my initial response to your post, you proved my point for me. In your own words...you named Mosley as the best fighter at 147 that Mayweather faced, these are your own words, can't refute them now.
              Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 07-14-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Yes I know how the story unfolded, in addition I can also decipher talent level in combination with timing of fights taking place.

I don't need a ringmagazine breakdown to tell me Carlos Baldomir was an HBO/Disney movie production, in other words a great story, but a journeyman fighter who got lucky because Zab Judah is to boxing, what dementia is to the elderly population.
                who did Margarito beat? He never beat a CHAMPION for a belt, he only won vacant titles. The only time he beat someone for a title was vs Cotto in which many people suspect he was cheating. Carlos Baldomir ACTUALLY beat the UNDISPUTED Welterweight Champion Zab Judah. And what do you mean decipher talent level? How can we do that with Margarito when he was caught cheating? All this time he could have just been a bum with bricks. His beat win is vs Cotto whom was outboxing him and ended up quitting with a swollen face.

Your Margarito got obliterated by Shane Mosley when he didnt have his cement blocks in his gloves. And this same BRUTAL Mosley who obliterated Margarito was easily dominated by Mayweather. So please spare me the "i can decipher talent level" crap

Carlos Baldomir's legacy= Defeating the Undisputed WW champ

Antonio Margarito's legacy= Getting caught with bricks/plater in his gloves before a WW title fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                  who did Margarito beat? He never beat a CHAMPION for a belt, he only won vacant titles. The only time he beat someone for a title was vs Cotto in which many people suspect he was cheating. Carlos Baldomir ACTUALLY beat the UNDISPUTED Welterweight Champion Zab Judah. And what do you mean decipher talent level? How can we do that with Margarito when he was caught cheating? All this time he could have just been a bum with bricks. His beat win is vs Cotto whom was outboxing him and ended up quitting with a swollen face.

Your Margarito got obliterated by Shane Mosley when he didnt have his cement blocks in his gloves. And this same BRUTAL Mosley who obliterated Margarito was easily dominated by Mayweather. So please spare me the "i can decipher talent level" crap

Carlos Baldomir's legacy= Defeating the Undisputed WW champ

Antonio Margarito's legacy= Getting caught with bricks/plater in his gloves before a WW title fight.

So now you're a psychic? We don't know what happened prior to Mosley, with respect to Margarito and hand wraps, he lost to Paul Williams that much we know as fact. I don't deal with assumptions, I can only speak intelligently to what we already know is factual.

Mosley struggled with Mayorga and whether or not you disagree with the decision, was beaten by Cotto, context versus clear biased opinion.

If your sole argument is predicated on "titles", remember in his (Floyd) own words..."I don't fight for titles or belts".
                  Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 07-15-2010, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Arum this is a DAMN JOKE!!!

Arum this is damn joke!!! A rematch with Cotto? For what!?!?!? Taking on Margarito, for what?? Margarito has had one fight against Garcia, a fighter who had no chance of beating him. The PPV was so dismal that you won't list the official numbers. I heard it was less than 100,000 buys at 24.95 and that most of the 22,000 tickets were severely discounted. WOOOOW! I don't care where they fight, I WON'T WATCH!!!

Comment

• I have figured this out, it's all WWE-fake stuff. They wanna get as much hype out of this as possible, with Mayweather signing at the last possible minute.

That's why Top Rank is talking up other fights and Mayweather, Ellerbe, Goldenboy Promotions are keeping quiet.

You think they would've kept this quiet if they really werent gonna fight and just let people talk bad about Mayweather. THE DEAL IS DONE PEOPLE.

Comment

Working...
                      X