Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What US fighter has the best local fanbase?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What US fighter has the best local fanbase?

What US fighter has the best local fanbase? Is it Pavlik in Youngstown? Cotto in NY (Home away from home)? Andre Ward in the Bay area? Mosley in Southern California? Juan Diaz in Houston? Or another fighter....

Good question. Probably Pavlik. Cotto has a good following but mainly in Manhattan and the Bronx...

Comment

Didn't the Diaz-Marquez fight in Houston smash the attendance record for a fight in Texas?

Comment

Cotto is from the US? thought he was a PR/Latino fighter...If you can say Latino's too then I'd say Tito Trinidad, even now he can still sell out MSG easier than Cotto.

If it's US, American fighters, I'm not sure. I like RJJ's fan-base in Florida. There were also a lot of Philly fans at the Pavlik-Hopkins fight in New Jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
          Cotto is from the US? thought he was a PR/Latino fighter...If you can say Latino's too then I'd say Tito Trinidad, even now he can still sell out MSG easier than Cotto.

If it's US, American fighters, I'm not sure. I like RJJ's fan-base in Florida. There were also a lot of Philly fans at the Pavlik-Hopkins fight in New Jersey.
          I meant what fighter has the best local fanbase in the US. I think Cotto should be up there, selling over 11 thousand tickets to fight Michael Jennings. Tito is bigger, but I'm doubting that he'll ever fight again.

I guess that also means Adamek could be included in the discussion with all his Polish-American fans in New Jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by The Texican View Post
            Didn't the Diaz-Marquez fight in Houston smash the attendance record for a fight in Texas?
            ha ha, I love it. "Yeah...the dog is belly up."

Comment

Juan Diaz considering he did I think 15,000 w/ Katsidis

Comment

Pavlik can pack out AC and Youngstown.

Comment

Probably Pavlik, although it wouldn't surprise me if Adamek had more.

Comment

Mike Tyson can sell out MSG masturbating.

Comment

Working...
                    X