Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin's Promoter: Wilder is NOT Getting Paid Until He Fights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    True..... but, no matter which camp you supported..... the question marks were hanging over one guy, yet the blame/hate was directed toward the other guy LMAO. I could just see a parallel to this situation.
    So could I. Wish it weren't true, but it is.

Comment

With all information leaking out each day, it's becoming evident that this was Wilder's way out.

Comment

In the USA, I find it hard to believe that Wilder can't sue.

Not sure what the legal situation is regarding Povetkin's citizenship, etc.

But yea, the cost of setting up camp, airfares/accommodation/wages, the manager and trainer losing their cut..... and that is aside from the promotion costs, etc etc.....

A woman successfully sued a department store because she slipped on a drink that was spilled by HER OWN DAUGHTER.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          The principle, is exactly what happened to Mayweather.

Mayweather was labeled a coward because Pac refused random blood tests.
          Funny how that works out??? If you refuse to take a drug test that should count as an admission of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
            "So what we were caught cheating? Just change the date, duh."

-Ryabinsky, probably
            Once a cheat always a cheat. He's should get in the back of the line. Be forced to have at least 3 clean fights, before he gets another crack at the title..

If funny thou. How can the promoter of the cheater think he holds all the cards. So if Povetkin is suspended and drop in rankings is Wilder suppose to wait, and take it on the chin for money he loss in preparing for a fight of a cheater???

Comment

Ryabinsky and PoPEDkin and take a long walk as far as I'm concerned. Knowingly taking banned substances means you can GTFO with all opinions..

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                If you had trained your a$$ off with all the hard work and expenses and believed that Povetkin could still carry an advantage later, you might do the same thing! If Wilder wanted the EASIEST route, he would NOT have gone to Russia and trained and prepared to step in the ring Saturday, period!! Let Povetkin take 6 months of 24/7 VADA and come clean and then perhaps Wilder would revisit the fight later. No way in hell does a fighter sign the fight, train his a$$ off, know that he will be paid MULTI-MILLIONS and the find some easy way out! HE showed up to fight and make a ton of money. Whose to say they wont reschedule once all parties calm down and some restrictions get placed on Povetkin. Remember, people complaining......many of them said Wilder would never get in the ring with Povetkin and Saturday he was all set to do JUST THAT!

Yea, all that expense, plus he missed out on that check.

It's not like Povetkin was injured or anything.

But it did seem a little overboard to kill the fight ?

Siri is fighting Vargas after he tested positive..... so ?

Team Wilder have every right to do what they want, Povetkin is the one with questions to answer..... but it does seem like a waste. The amount seemed tiny, but then again they could have thought..... well, we just had 3 tests back-to-back, we likely have a little window here, and that stuff flushes real good if we use XXXXX..... ?

Who knows?

suxx

Comment

Originally posted by freudianslip View Post
                  But he signed to be tested by VADA not WADA so why bring up WADA? I mean I get the issues you're hinting at. These agencies should have more unified limits etc. but that's another issue altogether. Everything that's been reported has just been insanely shady on Povetkins part. Whether it was him or his party or whatever, it doesn't bold well for him. Sounds even worse when he goes around saying, well I used it, but haven't since that January date. And I like Povetkin. I was rooting for him against Klitschko and rooting for him against Wilder but it's insane to not hold him accountable for this one. Just take the fake L and move on, just don't try to put this on Wilder.
                  That's what makes him look really bad also. He admits he took it before they banned it?? So he knows it works and maybe he just wanted a lil to help out with his energy levels and training??? ESPN is reporting they have two reports on the failures. And it was WAY. Past January they have it narrowed down to 10 days

If he found to cheat and then LIE about it he REALLY needs to be banned from boxing for at least a year if not more. And to throw someone else's name in the mud because U cheated WTF??? You got CAUGHT, WBC called it off. Not Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Funny how that works out??? If you refuse to take a drug test that should count as an admission of guilt.
                    Pac agreed to take the tests over a number of negotiations, it was the cutoff point that was the contention which had more to do with Pac's phobia's and his ego getting in the way than anything else. Both guys let their egos get caught up in various actual and over the phone and over twitter negotiations. The rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by WallabeeKing View Post
                      With all information leaking out each day, it's becoming evident that this was Wilder's way out.
                      I heard Wilder Injected him with it when he was a sleep...I blame Wilder also. That can be everyone excuse from now on! I get caught cheating on wife.

It wasn't me! It was Wilder.

Get drunk get a DUI.

It wasn't me!! It was me getting Wilder.

I get caught snorting coke at work watching midget ****...

It wasn't me...I'm just getting getting Wilder. Blame it him..

Comment

Working...
                      X