No announcement yet.

best at weight classes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Apart from Miguel Canto at Flyweight, this is pretty much how I'd have it. Maybe Duran at 135 and Greb at 160 too.
    In all honesty, now you mention it, I would probably have Canto instead of Wilde aswell.

But I definitely wouldn't have Leonard any lower than #1 at Lightweight. His resume at the weight stands alone, IMO.

Greb certainly could be #1 at MW. Wouldn't argue with that.

Comment

Bantamweight: Eder Jofre or Olivares
      Lightweight: Benny Leonard
      Welterweight: Armstrong or Robinson
      Middleweight: Monzon
      Light Heavy: Charles
      Heavy: Louis
      Last edited by NChristo; 01-23-2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        And that's what I'm talking about, resume wise.

I guess H2H he has an argument but then again, I don't see him beating Charles, Moore, Tunney and perhaps Roy Jones, Billy Conn and Micheal Spinks also have a legit chance of beating him IMO.

If we're talking H2H then surely Roy Jones has to be up there. Which is of course realistically and historically incorrect. But I don't have to tell you that.

I mean, Bob Foster was a great fighter. I was a little too young in the late 1960's to remember the start of his reign but I remember the end of his reign vividly, I witnessed Bob Foster so I know first hand how good of a fighter he was.

I think his power causes him to be a little overrated. He has the ability to hang with anyone at LHW and possibly win but there's no way I would favour him over the Top guys. That said, there's people that I would rank ahead of him like Harold Johnson for example, his resume far exceeds Bob Foster's but I would favour to beat him.

Bob Foster is perhaps unlucky that he was amongst a relatively weak LHW era. He fought and beat the best fighters available but a lot of the time those fighters were underwhelming. And the one stand out win he has over Dick Tiger, he deserves a lot of credit for, for beating the Champion, but let's face it, it looked like he was fighting a young child.

Either way, I'm just saying that resume wise, there is no case for Bob Foster to be ranked at #1 at LHW or anywhere close for that matter.

And I wouldn't say it's similar to ranking Joe Louis at #1 at HW, at all.
        I think differently Dan. I think there's absolutely a case for Foster being number 1 at lhwt. Foster was never beaten at lh and was 15-0 in title fights. And absolutely no one is running around saying Foster ducked anyone.

I realize your pick is Charles and there's certainly an arguement for that, but he never won the title let alone made 14 defenses. H2H, it is my opinion that somewhere over 15 rds Foster KOs him.

I just don't agree with you that's all, but I wish you would re think your statement that Foster isn't even anywhere close

Comment

Working...
        X