Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joan Guzman vs Amir Khan in negotiations for December!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    But I think this is how he has made a name for himself... For the most part anyway. Very few people realize how good this guy's resume is, win or loss.

he needs an easier comeback fight after getting KO'd

Guzman isn't the hardest hitter out there but once he tags Khan, and he will, it could be the Garcia fight all over again

Comment

With all of Guzman's setbacks, this win can literally revitalize his career (for as long as it lasts). IMO a risky move on the part of Khan.

For Khan, with another loss I'd say he's done as far as getting big fights for a while and or if ever depending how long he fights after.
      Last edited by RL_GMA; 08-29-2012, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        With all of Guzman's setbacks in his career, this win can literally revitalize his career (for as long as it lasts). IMO a risky move on the part of Khan.

way too risky man...he's looking at 3 straight losses

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

Guzman isn't the hardest hitter out there but once he tags Khan, and he will, it could be the Garcia fight all over again
          this exactly. u lose to garcia and u jump in with a guy whos the exact same type of fighter but probably better? i dunno. and gbp, wtf are they thinking?

Comment

WHAT???????

Count me in on that!!!!!

Comment

Guzman would MURDER KHAN!

That is the absolute worst fighter that you want to take on as your "BOUNCE BACK MATCH" coming back from a loss...you talking about amazing timing and the fact that Guzman Speed and Reflexes are still as good as it was when he was in his PRIME

He would play with Khan and embarrass him a bit by making him miss and showing off his Defense, then he would KO Khan by the 6th Round!

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

Idk maybe he feels confident and comfortable enough even after another loss? Or maybe still trying too hard to prove himself...

Comment

I totally disagree with people who say Khan has the dumbest team. This is the type of fight I hoped Khan would take. Its like if Khan is going to be as good as he thinks he can be then the time is now.

How many times can you keep restarting your career? You cant. Sooner or later if you keep having these kinda "strange" losses then you are going to have to just put all cards on the table and go for it.

I think thats what Khan's team is thinking and its what Ive called for since the Garcia loss. I said that he shouldnt take a cupcake fight. He should go straight for a top notch opponent and go for all big guns after that. At this point he has nothing to lose. He's already loss.

The marks are already there. The only way to erase them is going for big gun fights who no one else thinks he would take. Do that ish now and he can get back to the top

Comment

Damn my boy AK don't do easy fights!!

Comment

Regardless of the thought-process behind the match-up, this is definitely a respectable move by Khan. This is how rising stars build their name, by fighting dangerous low-reward opponents even when there are better/safer options.

Comment

Working...
                      X