Hitting yourself whilst running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
    all muscles have something called fascia

repeated light impact to the muscle causes the fascia to grow thicker, as this muscle casing grows thicker it allows the force of an impact to disperse over the muscle better causing less impact in one specific area, when you bruse you break the fascia, toughening the fascia will also help you cut back on brusing and take harder hits before brusing or damage.
    Dam that good to know u may start seeing me punch mysel as I run too now haha

Comment

I wouldnt it will damage your muscles.

Plus you must look kind retarted punching your stomach as you run.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
        I wouldnt it will damage your muscles.

Plus you must look kind retarded punching your stomach as you run.
        Mostly this... Also it probably wrecks your running form. Medicine ball is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
          Mostly this... Also it probably wrecks your running form. Medicine ball is the way to go.
          I run down back roads and through fields so I have no problem what people think of me only thing that's hard is finding someone who is willing to drop what their doing to throw a medicine ball into my stomach

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
            I run down back roads and through fields so I have no problem what people think of me only thing that's hard is finding someone who is willing to drop what their doing to throw a medicine ball into my stomach
            It doesn't matter if anyone can see you or not. Punching yourself in the stomach is straight up retarted.

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
              Most guys I know will drop anything to throw a medicine ball at someone. You might not be asking the right people. Or buy a medicine ball, they're fairly inexpensive, and have a friend/wife/girlfriend/brother/sister/dad do it... People love slamming your abs with a medicine ball.

When running, focus on running.

Comment

light impact is all you need though.

id recommend the thing where some one throws a med ball at you then you let it bounce off your stomach and catch it. this allows you to roll with the impact lessening any damage done and is less likely to cause back pain. another thing you could do is take a medicine ball your self and lightly bounce it off your mid section

i would not recommend punching your self in the stomach or laying down and having some one drop a medicine ball on you.

Comment

I used to hit myself while running. after numerous black eyes and bloody noses I decided to just hit into my mid section. that worked great until I got really good at body shots and started dropping myself 2-3 times per run.

actually it's a good habit to get into. but don't just touch your stomach, put it in there with some force. while it may be uncomfortable to do it while running you know that your opponent will dig as hard as he can into your midsection while fighting, harder than you'll ever be able to hit yourself. prepare your body for war! do not touch your ribs during your run........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    I used to hit myself while running. after numerous black eyes and bloody noses I decided to just hit into my mid section.
                    What exactly was punching yourself in the face whilst you're running supposed to achieve, beyond a concussion? It's not like you have face muscles to train...

Comment

Originally posted by as646 View Post
                      What exactly was punching yourself in the face whilst you're running supposed to achieve, beyond a concussion? It's not like you have face muscles to train...
                      obviously he was joking o.O

Comment

Working...
                      X