De La Hoya Was Drinking Since Nine Years Old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
    Sorrry but that is pure broseince

Just because some idiots used to drink a shot before a fight 100 yeras ago dos not mean it is good for you.

My brother was on the danish youth cycling team, the did all kinds of test all year round.
    One night of drinking would severly cut into your cardio numbers for at least one month.
    So the simply did not drink, just like all other pro atleats
    One shot of tequila could actually be considered a ped. It'll boost your testosterone. Obviously, there are plenty of negatives too.

Comment

Originally posted by tdub2222 View Post
      i wonder what fights he was drunk during?? we should go back and find them
      Must have been the Pacquio fight cause he did say he seen about 6 of them they were all over the place just to fast

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        How about an explanation on the numbers and how it works? It's proven fact alcohol in small doses with have a settling effect on people. When it comes to boxers this would allow them to fight much more relaxed. And as a fighter or former fighter you know how exhausting being tense in the ring can be. I'm thinking one shot can't hurt a guys stamina over 36 minutes, but I don't know how your numbers work.
        Yeah that was his explanation (according to the translation) it was to take off the edge before the fight, to help with the nerves. But depending on how much he drank it might also help with pain relief, during the early rounds at least.

Comment

Last edited by ReadyUp; 07-31-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

You guys should check out ESPN 30 for 30 "Unguarded". The Chris Herren story. It could give you a better picture into addiction.
            Last edited by ReadyUp; 07-31-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X