Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez Wants 3rd Canelo Fight in May, GGG To Rest Until Then

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sanchez Wants 3rd Canelo Fight in May, GGG To Rest Until Then

LAS VEGAS If Abel Sanchez could schedule Gennady Golovkin's immediate future, he would want Golovkin's next fight to come against Canelo Alvarez in May. A third bout between those middleweight rivals obviously is warranted after their extremely competitive rematch Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena. Whether that happens, of course, will be up to Alvarez and his handlers at Golden Boy Promotions now that he has beaten Golovkin by majority decision.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good idea to shelf GGG even from the gym until next year. He took a lot of punishment, as did Canelo.

There’s no way I’d let either fighter spar or be hit with anything for the remainder of the year.

I’m down for a third. How often do we get two absolutely special fighters who can bang at MW and have them empty out the toolbox?

I could watch those two exchange and box all day.

It’s a good day to be a fan of both.

Comment

Can Canelo do any better than he just did against GGG on that quick of a turn around? Canelo can fight Saunders, but I just don't see any other fight even coming close to the buzz of the trilogy. It's all over the internet. Canelo vs. Saunders/Charlo = no casuals will care.

That being said, Canelo is going to demand the Lion's share for a third fight - I'd say 65/35 - maybe they will settle on 60/40, but no way Canelo is doing 55/45 again after he just picked up a win.

P.S. If Oscar is going to put Canelo in there in December, he's ******ed.

Comment

It's a no from me dawg, Canelo proved he could beat the current version of Golovkin off the back foot or going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
          Can Canelo do any better than he just did against GGG on that quick of a turn around? Canelo can fight Saunders, but I just don't see any other fight even coming close to the buzz of the trilogy. It's all over the internet. Canelo vs. Saunders/Charlo = no casuals will care.

That being said, Canelo is going to demand the Lion's share for a third fight - I'd say 65/35 - maybe they will settle on 60/40, but no way Canelo is doing 55/45 again after he just picked up a win.

I honestly think it doesn't matter who Canelo fights going forward. He's coming off of his 3rd straight fight with 1M+ in buys.

I think Munguia, Saunders, and Charlo would all easily top 1M buys. He's in that Mayweather place now. Nothing in his way.

I expect to see his TV deal to look very similar to Floyd's 6 fight $200M deal with Showtime. $150M at minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post

Charlo vs. Canelo in Texas would be HUGE!

Saunders is a JOKE and robbed Artur Akavov who should of won their fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              Good idea to shelf GGG even from the gym until next year. He took a lot of punishment, as did Canelo.

There’s no way I’d let either fighter spar or be hit with anything for the remainder of the year.

I’m down for a third. How often do we get two absolutely special fighters who can bang at MW and have them empty out the toolbox?

I could watch those two exchange and box all day.

It’s a good day to be a fan of both.
              Great advice! Fighting Vanes did jack sht for him.

Comment

I'm down for Cinco De WAR 3!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                  I honestly think it doesn't matter who Canelo fights going forward. He's coming off of his 3rd straight fight with 1M+ in buys.

I think Munguia, Saunders, and Charlo would all easily top 1M buys. He's in that Mayweather place now. Nothing in his way.

I expect to see his TV deal to look very similar to Floyd's 6 fight $200M deal with Showtime. $150M at minimum.
                  He fought Chavez Jr and GGG to go over a mil lol. I would bet you big that Canelo doesn't do over a mil with Saunders or Charlo and especially not Munguia. Nobody even cared about the Chavez fight after it was over - this fight still has buzz lingering.

Comment

FLAT FEE ONLY, FOR ALLLLLLLLL THE CRYING. BJ will accept the offer if ggg doesnt, then try to get him for next sept again. Just take a Business fight for Cinco de Mayo then fight the year OLDER ggg, finish your dinner

Comment

Working...
                    X