Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua: Dillian Whyte Deserves it More Than Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
    If he schedules a fight in January then he will be allowed to talk?? I got it makes perfect sense. I can see the logic in your reasoning
    Yeah. Talking shot and he's not fighting for over half a year. These part timers are a sad joke.

Comment

Fury has been out of the game and has only fought two bums in nearly three years. He's about to fight Wilder in December. Let's see how that fight goes before we say he deserves or is even ready to fight Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        Unfortunately, you misunderstood my entire point. My question was referring to Ortiz and Povetkin. At the current stage of their careers do you sincerely believe that chinny, no defense no stamina, Povetkin stands any chance against Luis Ortiz now? Yes or now? I wasn't referring to AJ and Ortiz just Povetkin vs Ortiz. Do you believe that the 222 lbs off the juice Povetkin can beat King Kong Ortiz now at this later stage of his career?
        Why would I even concern my thoughts with yesterday’s news. Povetkin was not chinny until Saturday was he?

I think Ortiz and Povetkin would be a competitive fight. Ortiz also has Stamina problems. He probably wins but who cares. He put Deontay in a Cuban thunderstorm so I can’t see why he can’t put the Russian too

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Yes, it's true. You are one of the most fair minded and unbiased posters on here. Even though you are British and a huge Anthony Joshua fan but I still respect you. So here's cheers for you also buddy. It's well deserved.
          Lololololol

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            Not sure where the presumption that Wilder is chinny comes from. Its proven that a fighter can improve his ability to take a punch over time through exercise and experience (improve). Also the presumption that he can't box is a bit off given his performance vs Stiverne I and Duhappas. The concern for Joshua is the chin given his defense vs aggressive fighters for which Wilder can sometimes be. Regarding Povetkin, his career post meldonium is questionable. More importantly, his resume outside of a UD vs Klitschko is mediocre. Saying he hasn't been stopped before says little given the amount of times Klitschko put him down and the fact that Price also put him down.
            Give him credit because the two fighters you mentioned can take anyone out if they land flush, and they did.

When I say Deontay can’t box I just mean he is gifted Athletically and he doesn’t use his attributes in the ring to his advantage. He is very quick yet and evasive but fights in a lethargic way. Fighters that are not even close to him in speed he fights at a pace that suits them. He is erractic but only when he has you hurt. If you are an aggressive fighter which Joshua is you can impose your will. Why Wilder gets away with it because he never faced a come forward concussive puncher. Ortiz was good but slow and no stamina but yet very successful.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
              he was 37 or 38 right??????
              It was poorly executed joke

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                Give him credit because the two fighters you mentioned can take anyone out if they land flush, and they did.

When I say Deontay can’t box I just mean he is gifted Athletically and he doesn’t use his attributes in the ring to his advantage. He is very quick yet and evasive but fights in a lethargic way. Fighters that are not even close to him in speed he fights at a pace that suits them. He is erractic but only when he has you hurt. If you are an aggressive fighter which Joshua is you can impose your will. Why Wilder gets away with it because he never faced a come forward concussive puncher. Ortiz was good but slow and no stamina but yet very successful.
                Ortiz was largely successful for one round. He did however utilize his Southpaw skills to give Wilder problems.

Comment

He dominated round 7 and was successful throughout the fight by neutralising Wilder’s strengths. He got put on his arse in the 5th but other than that he controlled the theme of the fight until the 9th round when he Fatigued and got caught by Wilder then his mind went to his pal Rigo and the rest is history

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    Ortiz was largely successful for one round. He did however utilize his Southpaw skills to give Wilder problems.
                    I responded above

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                      He dominated round 7 and was successful throughout the fight by neutralising Wilder’s strengths. He got put on his arse in the 5th but other than that he controlled the theme of the fight until the 9th round when he Fatigued and got caught by Wilder then his mind went to his pal Rigo and the rest is history
                      There was an additional knock down that ended up not getting counted. He had success but wasn't winning the fight. I give him credit for using his skill set.

I do want to emphasize that fighters don't just fatigue on their own. Sometimes the opponent wears a guy down.

Comment

Working...
                      X