No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Spence Doesn't Want Crawford; We're Ready When He Is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    Anyone who believes Arum is willing to put Crawford in with Spence right now is a Fool

Not saying Spence wins but Arum isn’t going to risk 1 of his only 2 somewhat marketable names get beat by a guy he doesn’t control

He’ll continue to give Crawford fights in house or against somewhat legit names that he’ll curb stomp and continue to be placed among the P4P best without fighting a elite opponent for years

But still, he said it. So now it is time for the other side of the street to say the same thing. If they do not, it looks bad on them. Arum might be playing poker here. If he is bluffing, lets see Spence's promoters play it. If they stay quiet, then they are not interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      Huh? You open negotiations and see where they go. Haymon may not speak but he has guys to do it for him.
      But how would it expose Bob? Bob can say whatever he wants and Haymon isn't going to say anything.

The fight doesn't do 500k PPV yet, and as Bob has said himself, nobody is going through this headache for less than that.

If Crawford wanted to fight the PBC welters, he would have signed with PBC. You don't go sign with the guy that has none of the top opponents in your division if you really want to fight those opponents.

Bob Arum's business model is to over pay for a couple top P4P type guys to keep himself relevant. I don't blame Crawford for taking the money if Bob is willing to lose money on every Crawford fight. But Bud by taking the money, he wouldn't be able to get any big fights. I respect his choice, but let's not be naive about the choice he made.

PBC can make half a dozen huge welter fights in the next 2-3 years. TR can make zero. Enjoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        But how would it expose Bob? Bob can say whatever he wants and Haymon isn't going to say anything.

The fight doesn't do 500k PPV yet, and as Bob has said himself, nobody is going through this headache for less than that.

If Crawford wanted to fight the PBC welters, he would have signed with PBC. You don't go sign with the guy that has none of the top opponents in your division if you really want to fight those opponents.

Bob Arum's business model is to over pay for a couple top P4P type guys to keep himself relevant. I don't blame Crawford for taking the money if Bob is willing to lose money on every Crawford fight. But Bud by taking the money, he wouldn't be able to get any big fights. I respect his choice, but let's not be naive about the choice he made.

PBC can make half a dozen huge welter fights in the next 2-3 years. TR can make zero. Enjoy.

Ugh bruh all they need to do is release a statement saying they are willing also. Stop it please! I am a guy wanting to see the best fight the best and you are here playing politics. We get enough of that sh|t from the promoters and networks themselves. I personally see a small door opening up and you are here talking roadblocks. Crawford signed with Top Rank because they take care of him. He likes it there. Spence signed with PBC because he likes them and they take care of him. Bob releases a statement saying he is willing to work with them to make the fight and they should do the same thing.

Comment

But still, he said it. So now it is time for the other side of the street to say the same thing. If they do not, it looks bad on them. Arum might be playing poker here. If he is bluffing, lets see Spence's promoters play it. If they stay quiet, then they are not interested.
          This is Stadium Bob we’re talking about

Arums on record saying he won’t make the fight unless it does 500k PPV ( which will probably Never happen ) now he’s all gung ho about making it . I seriously Doubt it

If Spence tries and makes the fight Arum will say he wanted too much $ or it had to be on his platform or whatever excuse is convenient at the time , he doesn’t want to make this fight now if he did he wouldn’t go to the media to say it he’d negotiate behind closed doors

Comment

This is Stadium Bob we’re talking about

Arums on record saying he won’t make the fight unless it does 500k PPV ( which will probably Never happen ) now he’s all gung ho about making it . I seriously Doubt it

If Spence tries and makes the fight Arum will say he wanted too much $ or it had to be on his platform or whatever excuse is convenient at the time , he doesn’t want to make this fight now if he did he wouldn’t go to the media to say it he’d negotiate behind closed doors

Yes we are talking about Bob. He said it though. He is willing to negotiate. There are people in here saying he is fooling us etc. Well how will we find out unless the PBC side also tries to negotiate? I'm tired of excuses. If I see even the slightest opportunity for the best fighting the best I want to see where it goes.

Comment

Yes we are talking about Bob. He said it though. He is willing to negotiate. There are people in here saying he is fooling us etc. Well how will we find out unless the PBC side also tries to negotiate? I'm tired of excuses. If I see even the slightest opportunity for the best fighting the best I want to see where it goes.
              Dude I agree 100% with you Id f.ucking love to see Bud vs Spence in the foreseeable future. I’d be all in and buy the PPV

I just think Arums being disingenuous about it . He also said he’d welcome a Loma / Mikey fightnl ( which I doubt ) soon

Yeah let’s see how Spence and co. Respond and see if they can try and make it but I just think even if they do Arum will come up with a excuse why it didn’t happen like he’s done a 1000 times

Hype up a fight everyone wants to see , with Bud ending up fighting Benevidez 2.0 or something like that in the first half of 2019

Comment

Dude I agree 100% with you Id f.ucking love to see Bud vs Spence in the foreseeable future. I’d be all in and buy the PPV

I just think Arums being disingenuous about it . He also said he’d welcome a Loma / Mikey fightnl ( which I doubt ) soon

Yeah let’s see how Spence and co. Respond and see if they can try and make it but I just think even if they do Arum will come up with a excuse why it didn’t happen like he’s done a 1000 times

Hype up a fight everyone wants to see , with Bud ending up fighting Benevidez 2.0 or something like that in the first half of 2019

Well we will not know unless both sides talk. That is all I want for now. If PBC says they reached out to Bob and he acted impossible, I want them to say it. If they don't reach back to Bob or they act impossible, I want Bob to say it. We will not get the fights unless it is demanded. I mean how long will Spence have to wait before he gets Porter? How long before Thurman? We have been waiting a long long time. Spence could be in his mid 30's before he can clean up his side of the street LOL

Comment

Well we will not know unless both sides talk. That is all I want for now. If PBC says they reached out to Bob and he acted impossible, I want them to say it. If they don't reach back to Bob or they act impossible, I want Bob to say it. We will not get the fights unless it is demanded. I mean how long will Spence have to wait before he gets Porter? How long before Thurman? We have been waiting a long long time. Spence could be in his mid 30's before he can clean up his side of the street LOL
                  Agree and let’s see how it plays out but I imagine Spence will fight Porter & Thurman before he fights Bud

And I would guess Porter/ Spence get made sometime in 2019 with the winner facing Thurman ( if he’s still alive or wanting to fight ) in 2020

Comment

• Cant believe yall think Spence ducking. When COMMON SENSE. When Crawford is the new Tim Bradley untill futher notice

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                      Im,not talking about who went how long.... Im saying what algieri said about power. Khan,looked like **** in that fight. Hopefully you know that how a style is fought determines outcomes..... And yeah ill be watching, i havent missed a PBC card yet. they gotta lot of guys i love watching....problem is they been "sorting it out" at WW for four yrs or so and its still not sorted hahaha. Crawford is the king and thats that. And like i said...#NO MORE EXCUSES. over and out homeboy
                      I don't want you to think i'm a Crawford hater, but Crawford didn't get to fight Pacquiao @ 147! I guess that's his fault? No excuses?

Comment

Working...
                      X